Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG ECOBUBBLE KEEPS STOPPING MID WASH

(Topic created on: 01-08-2018 03:00 PM)
AD07
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Ecobubble 9kg which is just coming up on 2 years old keeps stopping mid wash. No debris issues, no hose issues. Sometimes I get a full wash with no issues and then other times it stops and I have to turn the machine off and reset to Rinse & Spin to get it to finish. Any ideas what is wrong?

264 REPLIES 264
Jonhill75
Explorer
Options

Just had a 20 minute phonecall about how nice it was for them to offer a chargeable repair (about £280). 

If you’re in the UK go for the Currys fixed price repair at £119.00 because Samsung don’t give a sh&t.

My machine works perfectly, for now, with its new PCB. 

I wouldn’t buy a bog brush made by Samsung after this. 

PeterdeElg
Student
Options
Isn't it just great how everyone here - on Samsung's forum - are raging over how incompetent and arrogant Samsung's customer service is. And Samsung doesn't even care to respond? What a horrible company
0 Likes
Prattstar
Apprentice
Options

In the uk, there is the Consumer rights act.  Write to your retailer stating that the goods are faulty under the act.

We got a partial refund from Curry's.

We argued with Samsung that I had registered the warranty for 5 years.  Which they disputed.

I sent them an email if the warranty registration email.

Quick smart our machine was repaired.  The Samsung service agent said it was the 10th board he had replaced in 3 days because it is a known fault.

Catch here is if you didn't register for the extended warranty you are out of luck I think.

Ian

0 Likes
Prattstar
Apprentice
Options

I absolutely agree.  I argued with them that we registered with the serial number.  They flatly refused to do anything until by mistake soon after I found a printed copy of the email they were reluctant but eventually fixed it.

I would never buy another Samsung product.

Ian

0 Likes
Area51_
First Poster
Options

Same issue here after 2 years and 5 months. Here in the Netherlands Samsung then offers a repair and will cover costs above 200 Euros. So it will cost that as the board alone is almost that price already. I think I am going to resolder the board myself.

Anway, what should be done is to let the rest of the world know how great the quality of Samsung washing machines is. Via Youtube, social media and see if they start caring when sales are dropping.

0 Likes
scrag68
Apprentice
Options

We have exactly the same issue, we had the machine replaced within the first 4 weeks due to a different issue, the replacement machine has been playing up for a while pausing in mid cycle, we contacted Samsung who have told us that we didnt register for the 5year warrenty, we done this over the phone as the website wouldnt allow us to register it but Samsung are saying that they have no record of this, Samsung will not cover this fault on our machine now, we went to Currys and they want £100 Labour plus parts, time for watchdog to get involved i think.

0 Likes
TRGr
Student
Options

I've happily resolved the issue at my end.

RESOLUTION: I called Samsung Australia and their local service rep came and replaced the control board free of charge.  I only needed to show my proof of purchase.

BACKGROUND: Washer was 2year 5 months old and was failing to move onto the spin properly.  The drum would repeatedly jerk and stop before giving up.  Occasional cycles would work however.  Reading around the forums suggested a control board fault - most likely on the feedback path from the motor hall effect sensor.  There is a new revision of the control board that seems to have solved the problem.

SHORT TERM SOLUTION (YMMV)

Some people have reported success ensuring the control board is kept cool.  Turn the machine off at the power point until it's required.  It's winter here and I left the external door to the laundry open.  The next cycle ran succesfully.  Others have used a fan blowing across to board until they've been able to arrange a permanent repair.

If you're unable to get warranty support from Samsung...
1. Ask them more firmly - it's marketed,  priced and sold as a premium machine
2. Replacing the control board is trivial.  Order one online, or from a local service store.  All you need is a screwdriver.  You can save yourself a service call out charge.

-ingrid68
Apprentice
Options
I have a Samsung Eco Bubble WF70F5E2W4W that for the past couple of months has been freezing either a couple of minutes into the wash or half way through the wash. Have recalibrated the machine lots of times, works on one programme some of the time, doesn't spin half the time, which means I have to recalibrate it again. Have unplugged it from the mains, the filter is clear, tried everything but to no avail. This machine was bought April 2015 so I would have thought it would have lasted longer than 3 years. Has anyone had any experience with getting the problem, which I'm surmising is the mother board, fixed for nothing out of warranty. Samsung should stick to phone's & engineering components!!!
0 Likes
Jonhill75
Explorer
Options

Sorry to hear that you’ve had the misfortune of owning a Samsung Washer. These machines obviously have a planned obsolescence built into them of 3-4 years judging by all the comments. Samsung and Currys both have horrendous after care, I wouldn’t touch either with a very long stick. My Ecobubble boasts a 10 year motor warranty.  However the PCB, which isn’t fit for purpose, will render itself useless long before that.

0 Likes
Tracey73
Student
Options

Mine is nearly 4 years old and the same has just started happening. What are Samsung doing about it? Sorry you haven’t been able to resolve it to where you have a working washing machine! They ain’t cheap either are they! 

0 Likes