Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG ECOBUBBLE KEEPS STOPPING MID WASH

(Topic created on: 13-07-2017 03:47 PM)
AD07
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Ecobubble 9kg which is just coming up on 2 years old keeps stopping mid wash. No debris issues, no hose issues. Sometimes I get a full wash with no issues and then other times it stops and I have to turn the machine off and reset to Rinse & Spin to get it to finish. Any ideas what is wrong?

264 REPLIES 264
Madbat01
Apprentice
Options

AD07 thanks for your reply, looks like I will have to get an engineer out. My problem is I've managed to loose my guarantee info, I had a feeling it was 5 years. I did register it when I got the machine so hopefully they will have a record off it. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
AD07
Journeyman
Options

Try a search on your emails for the word Samsung. Thats how I found mine as they replied when I set up warranty online!

Best of luck!!

0 Likes
Norman
Explorer
Options

Yes it appears it is happening a lot. Ours did the same and I have been contacted by many others since I posted on here. The main control board has gone so there is nothing you can do other than change it. We decided that if they would not fix it we would buy a new german model. They quite clearly have a fault but are not recalling them just letting the customer do the work. After a lot of effort Samsung did come out and replace it for free so we will delay getting a new machine until it breaks down again which I am sure it will. Good luck and don't take no for an answer because they know they have an issue with this machine.

Madbat01
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply, it is now sorted, a new board has been fitted.The engineer knew exactly what the problem was so  and had come across it before, surprise ,surprise! Thanks for all your advice

CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

We're glad it is all sorted, @Madbat01:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
jw77
Journeyman
Options

I am unable to find my registration of my washing machine WF80F5E5U4W/EU (S/N A0PC5ESD700243Y), like everyone one else I too am experiencing the same random pausing of the programme cycles. It is becoming more frequent now. The machine is just coming up to 4 years old now and as I have a small family it is probably only used a few times a week. After paying around £600 I expected to get a few more years out of it, I have had machines for a third of the cost which have lasted twice as long and are still going. I have read on other sites that to replace the PCB it costs around £280, and to be honest I could buy a better washing machine for less.

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Norman
Explorer
Options

It appears a very common problem on all their washing machines and I think they know it but are doing nothing about it. At least you got 4 years ours lasted 2 years. We were in the same dilemma as you and were going to get a new machine but Samsung after a bit of a fight changed to panel foc it took less than ten minutes. Their machines work well until the inevitable happens. We are fully expecting a break down in two years and will then buy a Miele/Bosch. Give Samsung a call it's worth a go if you have no luck I would not waste the money repairing it. Good luck.

@jw77 wrote:

I am unable to find my registration of my washing machine WF80F5E5U4W/EU (S/N A0PC5ESD700243Y), like everyone one else I too am experiencing the same random pausing of the programme cycles. It is becoming more frequent now. The machine is just coming up to 4 years old now and as I have a small family it is probably only used a few times a week. After paying around £600 I expected to get a few more years out of it, I have had machines for a third of the cost which have lasted twice as long and are still going. I have read on other sites that to replace the PCB it costs around £280, and to be honest I could buy a better washing machine for less.

@jw77 wrote:

0 Likes
Madbat01
Apprentice
Options

Hi There. 

I had the same problem with the registration documents, I have lost them but had got a note of when I'd bought it, & the date & store. I emailed the customer support at Samsung and they checked it for me as to how long the warranty is etc. If you registered it with them when you bought it they may have your details and you may still have a warranty on it.It's worth a try before you pay out for a new machine.

jw77
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the advice.

Samsungs expert call centre have suggested I turn the machine off at the socket for 30minutes and this will rectify the problem. I have re-calibrated which fixed the problem for all of 2 days, they are also saying the warranty has expired and it does not have 5 years or even the 10 year motor warranty which is stated on a big sticker on the machine. Looks like it is a new machine or I might even take it to bits and purchase a new board and replace myself. I know one thing I will never purchase another Samsung home appliance, I have not been impressed by this one, my £140 Beko cleaned my clothes better. Even the Samsung tumble dryer we purchased at the same time is average at best, they are certainly not worth the £600 price tag.

Rant over!!!

Norman
Explorer
Options

Agree with you sentiments. Which have Samsung top rated which must be a fix. It's not the motor it's the board and I watched the repair man change it and it is easy to do. Depends on how much it costs as we got it repaired free. Had it cost day £200? We would have bought a new machine. We are just waiting for it to go wrong again and we will replace. They cannot make washing machines and are hiding a production problem not a good combination!!