Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG ECOBUBBLE KEEPS STOPPING MID WASH

(Topic created on: 20-10-2020 12:03 PM)
AD07
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Ecobubble 9kg which is just coming up on 2 years old keeps stopping mid wash. No debris issues, no hose issues. Sometimes I get a full wash with no issues and then other times it stops and I have to turn the machine off and reset to Rinse & Spin to get it to finish. Any ideas what is wrong?

264 REPLIES 264
MatsN
Explorer
Options

No. I bought from a store in sweden called elgiganten but i had to call samsung service in sweden.  Thats how it works here.

0 Likes
minuetter
Student
Options

I have practically identical details!  Same washing machine model, delivered 21 Nov 2014 from Currys UK.  For the last month intermittent problem with drum trying but failing to turn during rinse, leaving no option but to abandon that attempt at running the machine.  If I switch off and then on, I can use "spin" to get rid of the water and have another go.

I'm very interested in organising a joint complaint about this.  How did you contact them: technical support email? customer services phone?

First Poster
Options

I just got this exact issue on my 5 year old machine. However after having read this i am not even going to bother. I will just take it to be recycled and never buy samsung again. 

MatsN
Explorer
Options

Same here. Never more samsung. Not tv, no laptop, no ssd’s.. nothing..

0 Likes
minuetter
Student
Options

Make sure you're not still in the warranty period.  My Samsung machine came with a 5 year warranty (as long as one registered).  Unfortunately it took 6 years to go wrong.

Rick B
First Poster
Options

We bought our WF80F EcoBubble washing machine in 2014 and have had no issues until now.

The machine is stopping during mid-cycle and required repeated restarting to finish the cycle.

I am disappointed it hasn't lasted longer and I'm considering replacing the PCB myself as despite what the moderators say, £280 for a samsung repair is uneconomic. 

The problem: a replacement PCB is not the only cause of this intermittent stopping from what I can gather. Other "favourite" likely causes are a faulty mems controller, or possibly a worn belt.

Like many of the posters on this board, I now have to weigh whether the replacement will be a Samsung. And yes, I have bought many Samsung appliances over the years.

I do think Samsumg are missing a great opportunity to show willing to what appear to be loyal customers with genuine grievances. If the PCB is a known issue, £280 for a replacement is a slap in the face. Perhaps a new fitted PCB for free, with only labour charges would be an appropriate response for out of warranty machines?

Just my opinion.

@AD07 wrote:

Samsung Ecobubble 9kg which is just coming up on 2 years old keeps stopping mid wash. No debris issues, no hose issues. Sometimes I get a full wash with no issues and then other times it stops and I have to turn the machine off and reset to Rinse & Spin to get it to finish. Any ideas what is wrong?

0 Likes
daniel walker
First Poster
Options

Hello 

I’m after any help or advice I have a Samsung ecobubble 8kg machine had this machine for nearly 6 years and to be honest it’s been brilliant but the last 3 days it’s struggling to complete a wash it keeps stalling on it’s programs and has to be kept turning off and on just to make it through totally clueless as to what’s happening no error codes on the screen either, has anyone had a engineer out and what’s there call out charge roughly? 
thank you 

0 Likes
Karen Robinson
Apprentice
Options

My eco bubble has just randomly stopped at56 minutes on a daily wash. The machine started again after about 5minutes.

it appears to be a common fault, looking at the number of comments posted.

model no Wf80F5eow

brought 15/9/2015. From AO

failed 2/3/2021

we have also had drum and seal replaced in November 2018. This was a gesture of good Will, as I said we had registered for 5 year guaranteed but Samsung support couldn’t locate my registration.

i have also had a safety issue with this machine, as plug on machine burnt out a few weeks ago.Samsung are replacing the electric cable  FOC hopefully this week.Again this issue has happened to a number of machines according to the forum.

0 Likes
NicC
First Poster
Options
Just reading these as mine has developed same issue - looks like i'm going to have to dig my guarantee out - pray it's still covered then start the battle to try and get it fixed. Thought i was buying a premium product when i bought a Samsung.
0 Likes
KH58
First Poster
Options

Mine is doing the same thing. Clearly a recurring fault with Samsung. Regrettably after many Samsung purchases I think we will be staying away from them now

0 Likes