Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG ECOBUBBLE KEEPS STOPPING MID WASH

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 02:55 PM)
AD07
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Ecobubble 9kg which is just coming up on 2 years old keeps stopping mid wash. No debris issues, no hose issues. Sometimes I get a full wash with no issues and then other times it stops and I have to turn the machine off and reset to Rinse & Spin to get it to finish. Any ideas what is wrong?

264 REPLIES 264
Suds68
Journeyman
Options

*'luck'

0 Likes
Ben74290
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your message I live in France and I have the same issue. Would you share the contact details and exchanges you had so I can do the same?

0 Likes
Suds68
Journeyman
Options

Hi Ben. To start with if you haven't had a Samsung approved engineer out then I don't think you'll have much luck. Also, the 5 year guarantee for parts & labour applies to the UK and specific models and retailers only. You say you live in France, so is the washing machine with you in France or back in the UK?
As I had an approved engineer diagnose the fault and then subsequently was told that the part (PCB) was unavailable he could no longer complete a repair. The machine was therefore 'written off' and because of the guarantee they had to offer me something so no argueing needed.

0 Likes
TehStiggles
Journeyman
Options

So after nothing back from Samsung I just paid £150 for a new main PCB and fixed it myself.

This will however be the last Samsung thing I ever have. Customer service is disgusting.

MRTee1
First Poster
Options

Same thing has happened to my 12kg washer.

3 years 9 months old out of warranty. Samsung dont care, their service is rubbish. In those 3 years 9 months.the.washer has already had a  leaky door replaced because it warped, and the dryer we bought had a.failed motor capacitor and is very poor at drying.

I have bit the bullet and bought Miele, which given previous experience are built  tolast and have great customer service.  This is clearly design fault. I refuat to spend £300 having this heap of junk fixed.  3 years.9 months is.attrocious for aachine that cost £1199.

So Angry

0 Likes
Endora69
First Poster
Options

OMG I wish I knew about this forum before as I probably would not have purchased my recent machine.  I bought the Ecobubble 8kg model number WW80J5555FW/EU online through John Lewis at the end of November 2019.  Just before the covid-19 lockdown I was carrying out a normal wash load when realised it seemed to be taking much longer than usual so went to check only to find it had stopped mid cycle with the water still in it.  I tried to do a spin cycle to get rid of the water but it just filled up with more water then stopped.  I ended up having to manually drain all the water out.  I rang John Lewis technical support who told me to run a "clean or maintenace cycle" on it and once again it stopped once the water had filled in so I had to manually empty it, and yes I did check the filter which was almost clear apart from a very small piece of fluff.  John Lewis told me that I would have to contact Samsung direct to get an engineer out to sort it but then I suddenly had a family bereavement and the whole country was put into lockdown so I thought that no engineers would be sent out anyway.  Yesterday I did the online chat through Samsung and they have logged a local engineer to come out, they contacted me this morning and will send someone out next Thursday.  Now my question is, if the fault does happen to be a motherboard or other electric fault, then am I not entitled to a new replacement machine as that is what I have paid for, a brand new fully working machine, not to have it repaired due to what seems to me to be a common fault or a fault occurring after having the machine only 4 months??  This is the first time I have had Samsung as a washing machine as all my previous ones (which have lasted at least 10 years each time), have either been Bosch or Zanussi.  The only reason I went with Samsung is that I've always had Samsung mobile phones or TVs and have always been pleased with them so thought they would be just as good with other electrical items.

0 Likes
gjweston
Apprentice
Options

Your experience sounds very similar to mine. I too bought a Samsung washer and dryer on the back of owning their phones and TV's. The Dryer failed after 3 months and the washer after about 10 months. 

They took about 2-3 weeks to fix the dryer and then we had to wait 3 weeks to get the washer fixed luckily when they came they still couldnt fix it. They were then going to come back in another 3 weeks as Samsung don't have their own repair team they sub contract it. I say luckily because under your statutory rights they have 1 chance to fix it so we were able to reject it and get out money back. I boiught a washer half the price and never looked back.

I would find out from Samsung when they can fix it I believe they use Martyn Dawes if they give you a 3 week time phone up John Lewis and state that this is not acceptable or reasonable.

"Under the Sale of Goods Act, the retailer must either repair or replace faulty goods 'within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience'.

If the seller doesn't do this, you're entitled to claim either:

• a reduction on the purchase price, or
• your money back, minus an amount for the usage you've had of the goods (called recision)."

As I said 3 weeks without a washer is not acceptable in anyway at all. Always remember your contract is with John Lewis Not Samsung and its John Lewis's responsability to sort it out Samsung are just the Manufacturer.

To be brutal Samsung TV's and Phones are fantastic (I just bought a really nice 4k one) their washers in particular in my opinion fro expereince are over priced junk.

I hope you can sort it out. 

0 Likes
Suds68
Journeyman
Options
Hi. As far as I can work out from this forum, the main issue with these machines will nearly always be the PCB board so getting that replaced will be in effect a new machine. I would log all the times and dates you have had problems and continue to do so and make sure you've a printed copy of any guarantee registrations in case you lose original emailed receipts etc. You seem very unlucky to have had it go wrong in under a year. Did you have the option of extending cover for 5yrs online with Samsung or didn't this apply at the time? They only seem to guarantee to carry parts for models for 2 years however. My machine was just over 2 years old. This is how I ended up getting a full refund (with persistence).
If you look back through these issues on here someone did write in detail about how the circuitboards are made, criticising their weaker 'non-lead' joints under vibration. This would mean that dependent on use they are almost programmed to fail!
Good luck!
0 Likes
MatsN
Explorer
Options

I fixed my problem. I dumped my ecobubble at the garbagedump and bought a new cylinda. So far a very happy wife. And me👍🏻

0 Likes
leedriscoll48
First Poster
Options

Our Ecco bubble has just started to turn its self off and on. This is obvious a design fault as so many people have had the same problem. 
Are  there any call backs for this?

or is this a trading standards issue. 

0 Likes