Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG ECOBUBBLE KEEPS STOPPING MID WASH

(Topic created on: 30-04-2020 08:58 AM)
AD07
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Ecobubble 9kg which is just coming up on 2 years old keeps stopping mid wash. No debris issues, no hose issues. Sometimes I get a full wash with no issues and then other times it stops and I have to turn the machine off and reset to Rinse & Spin to get it to finish. Any ideas what is wrong?

264 REPLIES 264
Ellington
First Poster
Options

Another Ecobubble customer here, 7kg model WF70 and the machine has started this nonsense today. Thanks Samsung, just what we need during a pandemic, white goods that fail after 3 years. What a complete load of rubbish. All our previous washers have lasted 10+ years.

Failure to recognise or even register this...given the recent Hotpoint saga quite frankly I expected more. Companies show their true colours in time of customer problems it would seem. I expect we'll be seeing many more cases in the coming months as these machines now reach 3-4 years+ old.

Going to see how it goes with resets but I expect we'll be joining the pcb repair brigade in a week or so.

Thanks to the community for identifying this and suggesting fixes, showing guides for how to install and address. I don't hold out any hope for official support, given the corporate response and current isolation issues, thankfully I'm quite handy with electrics.

Obviously won't ever be buying Samsung again at all, ever, of any electrical goods. Will be contacting relevant bodies to see if we can get some official recognition.

Thanks again all for your help here.

Suds68
Journeyman
Options

I have a Eco Bubble WW90K6610QX 9KG Washing Machine that's 2 years 3mths old and yep I'm here because of the need to get the PCB replaced! I am 'lucky' in the respect that when I called Samsung they acknowledged I had registered for the 5yr guarantee and that even during this 'lockdown' with Covid-19 I did have an engineer visit this morning (masked and gloved up).

I had convinced myself it would be a straightforward need to change the drain hose as although the wash was noisy and stopped mid-cycle after draining the machine; I cleaned out the U-Bend/Pipework and the loose lower end of the drain hose and it had a lot of sludge and the error codes were 5C and 4C to suggest a drainage issue. The door continued to be locked even though I had drained all the water out though.

I wasn't overly bothered when the engineer said it needed a new PCB but I didn't realise that EVERYONE NEEDS A NEW PCB after 2 to 2.5 years!! My question to Samsung, just like everyone else is why aren't you owning up to this proven known fault and either recalling the machines or manufacturing a PCB that will last an acceptable amount of time? Paying £600 for a machine that lasts 2 years is totally unacceptable and even though I'm sure it will be 'fixed' will I be needing to return here in 2022 (as long as Covid-19 hasn't got me!) to complain about the same issue?

0 Likes
gjweston
Apprentice
Options

They have serious issues with the eco bubble I think. Mine broke down just after 6 months they couldnt fix it the first visit even after changing the PCB. So I took the oppurtunity to reject the machine. Its simply not acceptable and 5 weeks is also not acceptable to fix it at all. I bought a machine half the price.

I love Samsung products TV's and phones but domestic appliances forget it our Samsung heat pump dryer broke after 4 months too but they fixed that.

Suds68
Journeyman
Options

An update- I have been offered a full refund by the Alternative Resolution Team!
I have to say that you need to be persistant but all things considered my experience with Samsung Customer Support has been very good. I went on Web Chat and got connected straight away and after phoning the Warranty Service in the UK on 0330 726 7864 I got connected each time really quickly. Yes when you phone up you seem to end up in a call centre in the Philippines and it can be hard to understand the accent at times but I had no issue being understood.
What was disappointing to hear is that they seem to only guarantee to manufacture parts for each model for 2 years. Well that's what I understood from being told that my machine was manufactured in 2017 and outside of the manufacturing warranty. The 5 year parts & labour warranty I had seems a bit pointless knowing this!
I was lucky  during this Covid-19 pandemic to get a Samsung engineer's visit and being that their report was taken as an authorised verdict on the machine my case was strengthened (as I went through the correct channels as it were).
I recommend that you don't wait for Samsung to call you (like I was told) but get on to web chat and use the phone number to chase things as I'm sure, like me you are desperate to have a working washing machine back in the house!

TehStiggles
Journeyman
Options

Well what are you going to do about it?

It's a known fault which you as a company know fine about, yet have the damned cheek to try and charge people to fix it...

I have been fighting you for months over a 5 year warranty i got with the machine which i did register on the day the machine came and you claim it went out of warranty about 5 months before i even got it! Your advisor also called me a liar and said i was making this up even though i still have the onine order receipt from Currys. 

My wife and myself are keyworkers and cant even wash our uniforms as this daft machine keeps stopping all the way through the cycle. In this current situation, we really don't have time chasing up silly companies who won't stand up to something they know about. 

I suggest instead of you repeating the same nonsense over and over, you actually do something about this.

If you don't, i will.

Suds68
Journeyman
Options

I think your problem with the warranty might be that you have to activate the extended warranty online otherwise it would be the standard 2 year manuafcturer's warranty? My machine was 2 years, 3 months and was told it was 'outside the manufacturer's warranty' and actually produced in 2017 so it sounded to me like they only guarantee to have parts for each model for 2 years.
I would use your 'statutory rights' under the Consumer Rights Act https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act which is separate from any warranty and even use this forum as evidence if it is known to be a pcb issue, which it sounds like?

R48
Explorer
Options

I had a very similar experience. Samsung was useless. I bought the washing machine from Currys and they repaired it FOC as under the Sale of Goods Act the retailer, not manufacturer, is liable. I had to push Currys but they honored their obligation.

TehStiggles
Journeyman
Options

That's the problem. I did activate the 5 year warranty online which they deny. I activated it on the day the machine came. They claim my warranty expired on a completely different month to what it should have. Makes no sense.

I have already sent them many links even from this site and they keep saying they know nothing about it.

Utterly shocking customer service.

0 Likes
R48
Explorer
Options
I too activated the 5 year warranty online but denied by Samsung. The Currys engineers replaced the PCB but problem remained. Then they changed the motor which sorted the problem. I'm pleased that the engineer insisted on running the washing machine after each repair attempt to confirm that the repair worked.
0 Likes
Suds68
Journeyman
Options

All I can go by is my experience. As long as you can locate your original email with the registration code they surely can't deny it?! I found the combination of web chat and phoning customer support on 0330 726 7864 (UK) was helpful but I suppose my advantage was that they did acknowledge my guarantee at the start and because they sent out one of their own approved engineers they couldn't argue with their findings. I don't usually get treated so well (I don't have much like with fridges, freezers or washing machines lasting!) and normally get caught up like you going from the manufacturer to retailer with neither wanting to claim responsibility so I do understand the anger and frustration!

0 Likes