Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung ECO Bubble wd80j6a10ax

(Topic created on: 05-07-2021 10:41 AM)
The Latman
Apprentice
Options

Hey folks,

Hoping someone can suggest some help....my Eco bubble washer dryer has started making a high pitched whine during the drying cycle.   I thought at first it was the drain pump as it seems to happen during a high dry spin and seems to be coming from the bottom right of the unit, but it doesn't make any sound when its draining (I can hear the water flowing through the waste pipe as well) during the washing / rinsing.

It only does it during a drying cycle, sounds fine during the wash cycle.

Any ideas? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @The Latman ,

let's have a look at this together. Would you be able to confirm if this is happening with all the loads? Have you tried if the same thing happens with the washing machine/dryer empty and how long have you been experiencing this?

0 Likes
The Latman
Apprentice
Options

Hi Tess,

It started yesterday afternoon, we had completed a wash cycle but had forgotten to program the dryer cycle as well.  We turned it on to dry and just when it seemed to speed up during the dry cycle, started this noise.

The load didn't dry at all either (was soaking wet), so we hung it all up  last night.  This morning I put a new load on and it's almost finished, this time with the dry cycle included.  During the wash cycle it's completely normal, it's only during the dry cycle that this noise manifests.

When its finished, I will try a dry cycle with nothing in the drum and let you know.

Thanks,

The Latman
Apprentice
Options

Hi Tess,

It started yesterday afternoon, we had completed a wash cycle but had forgotten to program the dryer cycle as well.  We turned it on to dry and just when it seemed to speed up during the dry cycle, started this noise.  The volume of the noise seems to increase as the machine progresses through the cycle until its a howl.

The load didn't dry at all either (was soaking wet), so we hung it all up  last night.  This morning I put a new load on and it's almost finished, this time with the dry cycle included.  During the wash cycle it's completely normal, it's only during the dry cycle that this noise manifests.

When its finished, I will try a dry cycle with nothing in the drum and let you know.

Thanks,

0 Likes
The Latman
Apprentice
Options

Hi Tess,

The load dried OK, thought the noise was horrendous throughout the dry cycle.  I emptied the machine & started a rinse/spin with drying on the empty drum and as soon as I turned it on, the drain pump activates along with this whine.  Once the rinse / spin cycle was underway, the drum filled with water, when it drained it was mostly quiet but I could hear a very slight whine. 

0 Likes