Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG ECO BUBBLE STOPPING MID WASH PROBLEM

(Topic created on: 15-11-2017 12:04 PM)
AmyG1991
Student
Options

Hi, I’ve had my washing machine from Argos 3-4 months ago, I’ve only ever used a quick wash on it, and the dryer, last night it stopped 2 minutes into a quick wash cycle, the door wouldn’t unlock at all so I did an emergency drain, and then the door unlocked, I took most of the clothes out which were soaked and put them in the bath for time being, I’ve put it on a different cycle, rinse and spin, stops 2 minutes into the cycle and locks until I emergency drain it again. I’ve lost my warranty card what you have to fill out but I have everything else. I’m still paying it off monthly on my Argos card, I am gutted, I have my own and two children’s clothes to wash daily. Please advise as I am not happy with this at all. Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
AntS
Options

Hi @AmyG1991.

What's the model number of your washing machine? Does an error code appear on ithe display when it stops mid-cycle?

0 Likes
AmyG1991
Student
Options

No error code is showing, model number is 

WD80K5410oW 

thanks 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries. And thanks!

To confirm, is it stopping without any load in it too? And have you been (or able to go) through all of the below troubleshooting steps?

• Plug the power cord into a live electrical outlet.

• Check the fuse or reset the circuit breaker.

(If the washing machine is not supplied with sufficient power, the washing machine temporarily will not drain or spin. As soon as the washing machine regains sufficient power, it will operate normally.)

• Close the door and press or tap Start/Pause to start the washing machine. For your safety, the washing machine will not tumble or spin unless the door is closed.

• Before the washing machine starts to fill, it will make a series of clicking noises to check the door lock and does a quick drain.

• Make sure the mesh filter of the water supply hose at the water taps are not clogged. Periodically clean the mesh filter.

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Just a note, as the washing machine is less than 6 months old then Argos should really sort this out for you, you don't need a warranty card or to go through Samsungs warranty, as that will just cause you hassle and usually the repair people are from third party company  and may never have seen your machine before.

Argos will try and push you into calling Samsung and using their warranty as it's cheaper for them, but be assertive and firm, your legal rights are with Argos and you are able insist that they do all the leg work and sort it out.  Typically if the first attempt at repair fails, you can ask for a replacement or refund.  Here is a handy guide to your legal rights.  https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

We got Ao.com to replace our washing machine, it was a struggle, you have to be firm, but we got a brand new machine after having the original for 10 months and 2 repair attempts failed to fix it.

Good luck.

Regards

Phil

0 Likes