Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung ECO Bubble stopping mid cycle - WW12K8412OX

(Topic created on: 07-10-2020 11:16 PM)
Yakiepants
First Poster
Options

Hi All, 

I have resorted to posting my question here as I am at my wits end trying to figure out what is going on with my ECO bubble washing machine. 

I purchased the machine 2.5 years ago and the warranty was only 2 years!! Over the last two months the machine has started to manifest some strange behaviour, the door keeps clicking as if locking and unlocking after every wash and does not stop until I physically turn the machine off. The door was replaced by an engineer after it was three months old due to the door leaking so unsure if this is an inherent issue? 

However, most worryingly the washing machine is tripping the electric fuse box mid cycle.   Its a bit of a lottery, sometimes it works flawlessly and other times will continue to trip the power and will not power back on.  

I have been able to power it back on by draining the water manually and letting the machine sit for 24 hours, thankfully then it comes back on but I am obviously concerned the machine presents a fire risk and cannot continue to operate like this. 

I was sure I had a 5 year warranty on the machine at purchase but have been told it is was only 2 years. I have escalated this with Costco (The retailer) and they have washed their hands of it and so have Samsung..  The unit cost me £869 and to only get 2.5 years of usage out of it feels like the machine was not fit for purpose in the first place. 

I would be very thankful if anyone can provide any advice on this issue as having a young baby in the house the washing machine is must and being out of action is hard to bare. 

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
DannyT
Options

Hey there, @Yakiepants.

Sorry to hear about this. We can see you mention your warranty, have you already been in touch with Samsung Tech Support? 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Yakiepants
First Poster
Options

Hi Dannyt,

Thabks for your reply. 

Unfortunately, Samsung won't engage due to it being out of warranty. They provided the name of a third party repair company but they don't operate in my area but I feel this should not be on me to repair or fix!

It's so infuriating to have paid that much for a machine and only get 2.5 years of use out of it!

😞

0 Likes
howdoesit
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get your washer fixed? Mine has the same fault.

0 Likes
bod2
Apprentice
Options

following as i have the same issues, door lock replaced 7 months ago under warranty but now clicking again (locking/unlocking constantly) unfortunately its now out of warranty by 6 weeks! the machine also trips the RCD about 2-3 minutes into a wash cycle!

0 Likes
howdoesit
First Poster
Options

If it’s the same issue, you may have a consumer goods act claim. Have a read on which about it. They might have to repair it even outside the warranty if it’s less than 6 years old and you can prove it was faulty before that. 

0 Likes
Sidepipe
Journeyman
Options

Same model, identical fault ( door clicking, trips RCD. ) Seems like a design issue to me - trouble is ours is just over 6 years old so no chance of a fix. The heater element looked a bit burnt in one place so tried that. Also have the door clicking and tried changing the switch. If anyone's found the root cause of this I'd appreciate the info!

0 Likes
bod2
Apprentice
Options

Had an almost identical set of symptoms with our machine. Firstly the door lock was changed and lasted for about a week before it all started again, door clicking, RVD trips after 2-3 mins etc etc, in the end it turned out to be the ‘bubble generator’ which is a complete unit that sits in the bottom right of the machine behind the filter/drain access panel at the front.

9 months later and not a single issue, all good.

I totally feel your frustration, Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Sidepipe
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for taking the time to reply! Seems unlikely in our case because it's tripping on programs that ( supposedly ) don't use the bubble generator - interesting that a fault there could cause the door clicking though.
I suspect in my case it's a fault with the main power PCB - going to get it out tomorrow to see if there's anything obvious.

0 Likes
bod2
Apprentice
Options

Same here, would trip out the RCD after 2-3 mins on all programs except spin and drain. I was told by the engineer that the "bubble generator" unit is used for other functions as well, not just eco-bubble programs.

i don't understand the door lock constantly clicking either? as soon as the bubble generator unit was replaced the door lock clicking stopped and hasn't come back again.

hope you get to the bottom of it.

0 Likes