Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung eco bubble burnt plug

(Topic created on: 16-05-2024 04:11 PM)
charl598
Apprentice
Options

Today my Samsung Eco Bubble which I've had since 2018 cut out mid cycle and lost all power. After further inspection we discovered the fuse had melted the plug and socket. I'm really shocked that this seems to be a common issue, not only is this a fire hazard it's disgusting that Samsung have not recalled these products as its clearly not a one off there is a issue with the machines somewhere. 

This is completely unacceptable and needs sorting. 
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
JordanS
Options

We would very much like to investigate this further, @TG_72 .  If you haven't contacted us here at Samsung already, please drop us a private message to @Sam_UK and myself or another moderator will raise this with the responsible department for investigation. 

Guide to private messaging: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
charl598
Apprentice
Options
I think you need to recall all machines, not investigate as you say, you surely must be aware of what's happening. It's very clear these machines are faulty. It's disgusting that you are allowing people to keep these in their homes. Shame on you, samsung
David308
Explorer
Options

Are you able to inform me of how this was resolved? We have the same issue.

0 Likes
Demonbarber985
Apprentice
Options

Samsung sent out a local company (sub-contractor) and they replaced the plug, it’s been ok so far. Personally I’d rather Samsung had recall the machines,,,  we now don’t use the washing machine when we’re not at home.  

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Demonbarber985 wrote:

Samsung sent out a local company (sub-contractor) and they replaced the plug, it’s been ok so far. Personally I’d rather Samsung had recall the machines,,,  we now don’t use the washing machine when we’re not at home.  

when you say 'replaced the plug' - did they just chop off the Samsung fitted  moulded plug and replace it with a normal 3pin plug , or did they replace the whole lead with a fitted moulded plug did you see or can you remember?

0 Likes
Demonbarber985
Apprentice
Options

They offered me that same moulded plug, I refused and asked them to fit a heavy duty 3pin plug. My thoughts are the moulded plug heats up if the washing machine is tight between the machine and socket. 

David308
Explorer
Options

So basically, they have put your lives at risk? Or, the engineer is not independent and fixed a known fault without your knowledge and puts a new plug to throw you off the scent of a cover up? 

0 Likes
David308
Explorer
Options

I'm certain there is a known fault. In all cases on these forums about plugs melting, the engineer puts a new plug on, and miraculously the issue never occurs. We all know that could not happen. I am convinced the engineers fixedsa known issue, but does not tell you. This way the Samsung doesnt have to accept liability and over time fixed all the faults that are raised. 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

I've got my own suspicions - 1.) that the machines are built in europe and would be fine with their 16A round pin 'Schuko' plugs that dont have a fuse in the plug, or 2.) that the clamp that holds the 13a Fuse in on the british moulded 13a plug is loose , or becomes loose somehow , not making proper contact and possibly then overheats with the heavy power of the heating element at the bottom of the drum (which is around 2kw I believe)  . 

I could be wrong , but it could be a factor. Following this european Samsung forum the only people posting pictures of scorched plugs the plus all seem to be the same 13a British & Irish 3pin plugs fitted to the Samsung washing machines ... and they are all of the Moulded plastic type . 

I wish something like one of these consumer programmes on TV could pick up on it and ask the manufacturer about this - something like the wednesday Watchdog show on the BBC One show 

David308
Explorer
Options

You could be right. It does seem always to be a plug replacement! With regards to contact the TV trouble shooting programs, I have contacted BBC watchdog to have a look into this. Please can you do the same and anyone else that is reading this. I intend to contact as many people as possible on this site to do the same and register their findings. (Wonder how long it will take before this forum is shut down)?