Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Dryer won’t stay enabled

(Topic created on: 08-03-2024 11:37 AM)
PenCan24
Student
Options

Dryer won’t stay enabled to use the remote function from the app. It always says “enable off” on my phone so I have to physically go start the dryer. What’s the point of this feature if it doesn’t stay enabled!? One of the main reasons we purchased this set. How do you keep the washer and dryer enabled all the time?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have a different dryer ( hoover) and use its app. Only way to keep the remote function active is to leave the dryer in standby mode and not "off". Don't know if this translates to your situation, but just an idea.
PenCan24
Student
Options

That sounds like it makes a lot of sense, but I don’t know how to put hours in standby mode. I don’t see an option anywhere?

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is there a wi-fi position. Sorry I'm not familiar with your appliances. Mine has a toggle wheel that one turns to specific dryer operations. I leave mine on WiFi and not in the off position (see pic). Hopefully someone more familiar with your appliances can help better. Good luck.20240308_125945_1000003045_1709903058.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@PenCan24: Please take a look at the link below, which contains a guide to walk you through the process of connecting your dryer to the SmartThings app.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/home-appliances/how-to-connect-to-smartthings-on-my-dryer/

If the issue persists, then please let me know the model number of your appliance (located on the sticker on the inside of the door or drum) and I will look into this further for you. 

0 Likes