Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Auto-Dose detergent options with ecobubble

(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 01:57 PM)
Claire42
First Poster
Options

Hi folks. I was wondering if anyone can advise how i use a 'Calgon' style water softener with an auto-dose machine??

also - can i use powder in the manual section of the detergent tray or has it got to be a liquid regardless??

Many thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
iantho
Apprentice
Options

I have the same question! I just got my first Samsung "auto-dose" machine and I'm not sure how to use water softener tablets or Dettol Laundry Cleanser with it? I assume that if I use auto-detergent then I can't put a water softener tablet in the manual detergent section of the drawer because the machine won't spray any water on it? If I use the manual detergent option so that I can use a water softener tablet, I'll never be able to use the auto-detergent option again right? So is there an option that allows me to use both the auto-detergent and manual detergent dispensers at the same time so I can use water softener tablets?

I can help with your second question: you can use either liquid or powder detergent in the manual dispenser, it says so in my manual:

"If necessary, add detergent manually as instructed by the detergent manufacturer. You can use powdered and liquid detergent in this compartment."

0 Likes
iantho
Apprentice
Options

I've answered one of my own questions: it doesn't matter whether you use the "auto-detergent" feature or not, the machine will always flush water through the manual detergent compartment, so you can easily use water softener gel/tablets in every wash without doing any extra configuration.

I still haven't worked out a way to use Dettol Laundry Cleanser though...

0 Likes
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options

Only way I think you vould work around that is where you put your detergent liquid in section 1 you would have to put the dettol liquid & then use a normal powder or tablet in the manual drawer. 

I used to have the same conundrum with my hotpoint, the drawer was behind the door so I couldn't add anything while it was running, so I used to just have to do an extra rinse on anything I wanted to cleanse. Failing that see if you can buy a little dosing cup that can go directly into the machine. You know like the ones you used to see stuck on top of the surf/bold liquid bottles. I don't know if you can still contact the company & have them sent to you anymore as they used to put them with every product but alot were getting wasted. 

iantho
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion @GothicGeisha - I think you're right, that's the only way to do it with this machine!