Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 9kg heat pump dryer

(Topic created on: 22-07-2020 02:05 PM)
Angel37
Student
Options

Hi has anyone got the heat pump dryer ? After about an hour regardless of which dry cycle it's on it starts thumping it's a noise as if clothes have rolled in a ball but it does it when dryer is empty as well ?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
AndrewL
Options
@Angel37: Please can you confirm the full model number of the dryer? Have you checked the drum to make sure there are no loose foreign objects in there? Is the machine installed on a level surface e.g. if you press down on each corner at the top, does it rock or tip at all?
0 Likes
Angel37
Student
Options

Hi my dryer is 

SAMSUNG - DV90M50003X/EU 9 kg Heat Pump Tumble Dryer

ive checked its level and not touch anything and I can't see how anything would get under the drum by looking inside as there doesn't seem to be anywhere for anything to go ? I've only had it since May and it wasn't really used over summer so now it's being used more I'm noticing it. 

thank you 

0 Likes
Dv90m50001w
First Poster
Options

I associate have heat pump dryer 9kg with same fault when hot clunking noise despite two service calls it still persists obviously Friday afternoon machine think they can have it back 

0 Likes
Dv90m50001w
First Poster
Options
Also ripped me off on Cashback deal saying they sent email but I did not respond to despite checking all my emails and spam they voided my claim
0 Likes
Dv90m50001w
First Poster
Options

I also have dv9m50 dryer despite two seperate service calls still same fault knocking noise after being on for long cycles even with drum empty obviously a Friday afternoon machine think they can have it back 

0 Likes
Angel37
Student
Options

Glad I'm not the only one, we are waiting for lockdown to be lifted then someone will be out to look at it. 

0 Likes
Angel37
Student
Options

Hi 

Engineer been out today drum had dropped and was resting  on the fan, fan and guard replaced and block secured under the drum. Common problem apparently 

0 Likes
Hels7
First Poster
Options

I bought a 9kg heat pump dryer in July. Initially it was ok but now it's got really noisy. It's level and on a tiled floor. Is this what happened to yours Angel37

0 Likes
Angel37
Student
Options

Hi mine was making a thumping sound about an hour into drying cycle it sounded like there was a shoe in it bouncing around, that's the only way I can describe it. I tried every cycle to make sure it wasn't the program and it still did it. Engineer came out yesterday delayed because of lockdown and the drum had dropped. He re-supported it and it appears to be ok. 

0 Likes