Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG 9 kg Heat Pump Tumble Dryer Noisy

(Topic created on: 26-08-2020 08:12 PM)
AnnaH2
Journeyman
Options

Hi All,

I purchased a SAMSUNG 9 kg Heat Pump Tumble Dryer in May and its seems extremely noisy on operation. Does anyone know if this is normal? Also, it fills my utility room with condensation - I am concerned it might be faulty. Any advice appreciated!

Thanks,

Anna

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@AnnaH2: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your tumble dryer. Our dryers are generally quite quiet, therefore please follow the link below to find some troubleshooting steps, to see if you're able to resolve the issue.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000979/

0 Likes
AnnaH2
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Andrew,

Unfortunately this hasn't helped. The sounds is a continuous hum, and the troubleshooting guide states a humming noise is normal during operation. However this is registering at 74dB which is significantly higher than the specified 65dB. Could this indicate a fault with the pump itself?

Thanks,

Anna

AnnaH2
Journeyman
Options

Hi @AndrewL,

Replying here in the hope of bumping up my query.

Thanks,

Anna

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @AnnaH2 , if you followed all troubleshooting steps from the link and you are still concerned about the noise, you can get in touch with the Home Appliance team for further support. If deemed necessary, the team will book an engineer visit to inspect your appliance for a repair. They can also be reached at 0333 000 0333.

0 Likes
AnnaH2
Journeyman
Options

Thanks @CarloL, is there an Irish centre that I can call rather than a UK number?

Best,

Anna

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AnnaH2: You can reach Samsung Ireland by calling 0818 717 100, or via live chat by following the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/contact/

0 Likes
DanP82
First Poster
Options

Hi Anna,

Sorry to bother you but did this ever get resolved?

I’ve just used our new 9kg heat pump dryer fir the first time and it also seemed excessively loud but my main concern was the amount of condensation it caused in our utility room after only one load.

Thanks

Dan

0 Likes
JulieFT
First Poster
Options

Hi

im also interested in outcome.  We don’t suffer condensation but the humming is ridiculous.  I can’t use it at night as I’m sure our neighbours would complain along with our children. 

we also bought the washing machine to match and I would not recommend.  When the water starts to fill on the rinse cycle our water pipes bang so violently.  Samsung sent an engineer who didn’t even want to hear it and just blamed loose pipes.  Although we never had this with our other appliances.  Really disappointed 

LeemingStu
First Poster
Options

Hi we also have one.  It’s reading 80 dB consistently.   Did you find a way to reduce the noise ?  It isn’t making any odd noises. It’s just louder than anticipated 

0 Likes