Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rsh5ubmh Filter Replacement

(Topic created on: 31-12-2019 09:43 PM)
Fazq
Explorer
Options

I have this fridge freezer. The filter light has gone red. The manual sites that the filter is in the fridge compartment at the top right. There isn't one in my fridge! Any ideas where it might be?Inside of my fridgeInside of my fridge

From the user manualFrom the user manual

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
Stratplayer
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew, the problem was not changing the filter, but where the internal filter was located. It appears Samsung feel that the RSH5UBMH has an internal water filter and this discussion has probably proved that it does not, or at least not the model the 3 participants on this discussion have.

0 Likes
Amdrye
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have the same problem. Does this mean I have to take the back off the fridge to change the filter?

0 Likes
Fazq
Explorer
Options

Mine was installed in a cupboard on the side of the fridge. I've no idea what the back of the fridge looks like, but I guess that the mains pipe goes in from the back. It all depends on where the installer fitted the filter.

0 Likes
Stratplayer
Journeyman
Options

Hi Ambry,

Is your appliance free-standing or built-in? By free-standing I mean that you can pull it out from its location.

John.

0 Likes
Farrukh Q
First Poster
Options

It's free standing, but fixed lik

16260206914614448314329315054823.jpg

e this

0 Likes
Stratplayer
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

OK, if the appliance cannot be readily moved out from its current position, then it may have an internal, you need to look inside the fridge at the top right corner and see if there is a filter at that point. If not, like mine, then the filter will be external and depending on who fitted it, could be anywhere behind the appliance, but if they were anything like compitent, they would have placed it in an accessible point.

If you cannot find it inside the fridge nor anywhere in the surround, then you may have to pull the appliance out and look behind it. There should be a plastic pipe coming from the bottom right of the appliance (looking at the appliance from the back). This pipe, if an internal filter  is fitted, should be attached to a water outlet. If an external filter is fitted, the pipe will first go to the filter and then from the filter to the water outlet. In both cases, the water outlet will have a tap/lever to turn off the water supply to enable changing the external filter.

If there is no filter behind the appliance, then follow the pipe to wherever it goes/disappears and track it from there. You will either find an external filter or it will go directly to a water supply if it is an internal filter. The appliance will not have both, it will be either internal (top right corner inside the fridge) or external (behind or anywhere remote from the appliance.

If you want to know how to roll the fridge out then give me a shout.

J.

0 Likes