Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rsh5ubmh Filter Replacement

(Topic created on: 10-06-2021 04:51 PM)
Fazq
Explorer
Options

I have this fridge freezer. The filter light has gone red. The manual sites that the filter is in the fridge compartment at the top right. There isn't one in my fridge! Any ideas where it might be?Inside of my fridgeInside of my fridge

From the user manualFrom the user manual

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
RebeccaBridgeman
First Poster
Options

Hi

I am having the exact same problem!!

Can you share the info that you received? It would be SOO apprecitaed as its driving us insane!!

Thanks,

Rebecca

0 Likes
Stratplayer
Journeyman
Options

Hi Fazq, I have had an identical experience as you with the RSH5UBMH. Support insist that it is top right inside the fridge, but Oh no it isn't! Also referred me to service centre to have a retro fitted internal water filter. Might as well buy a new appliance! Anyway, if you have that generic manual it would be good to get my hands on it.

Regarding the filter alert on your panel, hope you resolved this? If not, then just hold your finger on the semi-circular part of the panel for about 3 seconds and y ou will hear a tone. Hopefully this will reset the filter alert.

Stratplayer
Journeyman
Options

Fazq, thanks for the 'like', much appreciated. Do you have the title/name of the generic manual Samsung sent you, or can you attach to a reply? Also, if you have the part number for the internal water filter I could see about ordering one? Information is vital, so appreciate your assistance.

0 Likes
Fazq
Explorer
Options

Sorry, I don't have that manual any longer. 

0 Likes
Fazq
Explorer
Options

I eventually found that the model I have has an external filter!

I thought I had to take the fridge out from the cupboard it's installed in, however there was a convenient door in the back of the adjacent cupboard that the filter could be accessed from.

Sorry my reply is so late - I only just saw your message

0 Likes
Stratplayer
Journeyman
Options

OK Fazq, it was a long shot anyway. My RSH5UBMH is fitted with an external water filter, but Samsung say it should also have an internal water filter. However, inside of the fridge is completely smooth without any seams or joins, which they could not understand. I researched my model on the internet and every site that came up with internal water filters (DA29-0003G) identified the RSH5UBMH as being one of the models that the water filter fitted. Don't suppose you have a vague memory of the model the generic manual referred to? Have looked on numerous websites and viewed numerous videos and it appears that they can be located anywhere from the freezer to different parts of the fridge. Really annoying as I have just fitted a new external water filter, but my wife says the taste seems 'perfumed' and not very pleasant.

0 Likes
Fazq
Explorer
Options

I think the generic manual referred to the same model as we have. It seems strange that Samsung think that the fridge should have both and internal and external filter.

Did you get an original filter? I buy mine through Amazon and have not had any smell or taste issues with mine.

0 Likes
Fazq
Explorer
Options
Stratplayer
Journeyman
Options

Hi Farq, many thanks for finding that. After giving it a quick browse, it is very similar to the original manual, i.e. it describes the external and internal connections. It also became clear to me that Samsung must have made 2 versions of the RSH5UBMH, 1 with and internal filter and 1 with an external filter (which they rather strangely call a 'purifier'). I can see where you got confused in have to take part of the back off the appliance, it is part of the external water filter (purifier) installation. So, after all the to and fro with Samsung and now confirming with the manual you kindly provided, I am satisfied that my appliance does not have an internal water filter.

To answer your previous question, yes, purchased the genuine Samsung water filter (DA29-10105J Aqua Pure Fridge Water Filter). Possibly the water tank requires more flushing, I suppose only time will tell.

Thanks for all your help.

AndrewL
Options

Apologies for the confusion surrounding this matter. For reference, please check out page 21 of the User Manual via the link below for steps on how to change the water filter. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201407/20140723172217328/DA99-02318A-12.pdf

Genuine replacement filters, internal and external, can be purchased from our affiliated spare parts site via the following link.

https://www.samsungspares.co.uk/fridge-freezer/rsh5ubmh/catalogue.pl?path=627469&model_ref=9291320

0 Likes