Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rsg5uumh Constantly Trying to Dump Ice after Power Surge

(Topic created on: 30-11-2021 06:25 PM)
chumsofmanutd
First Poster
Options

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone on here maybe able to give me some advice on my Rsg5uumh fridge/freezer.  

We recently had a several day power cut and ended up needing to run the Fridge/freezer on a dirty diesel generator! Since then we have appeared to develop a fault related to the ice maker which I suspect may have been caused by a dirty signal/over voltage from the generator.  

The release mechanism that allows the ice to drop out of the ice box into your glass is continuously spinning, rather than just when you press the release button for ice.  I have tried holding the blue ice reset button and also the whole unit reset by holding the two buttons but have had no luck. I suspect that this is probably a PCB issue. 

I wondered if anyone had seen this issue before or agrees it is likely to be the PCB? If so I assume it is likely to be the main PCB? What sort of job are they to change? 

Any advice would be much appreciated,

cheers

Rob

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@chumsofmanutd: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your ice maker. Does the problem persist when you select Cubed, Crushed and Water? If you press Ice Off, does the mechanism continue to spin? Have you tried checking to see if the lever/dispenser pad is sticking? If you have attempted the above, and there is no change, then please reach out to our Help Desk via the link below and an advisor will be able to assist you further, and arrange an engineers inspection. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
chumsofmanutd
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately the mechanism continues to spin with ice off, water, crushed or cubed ice. I took the icebox out and it still spins.  Does it sound like a PCB issue to you? 

cheers

Rob

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@chumsofmanutd: Have you tried pulling the dispenser pad towards you lightly to double check that it isn't sticking? I'm unable to diagnose it as a PCB issue from here, however if the issue is persistent then I do recommend getting in touch with our Help Desk to arrange an engineers inspection, as this would be required to ascertain the root cause. 

0 Likes
chumsofmanutd
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew, I can confirm it wasn't an issue with the dispencer pad. 

I can confirm that the issue was indeed the main PCB. Changing it is straight forward (access panel on the back). I had to press the blue ice machine reset button above the icebox afterwards, now all is well and working as it should :smiling-face:

Cheers

Rob

0 Likes
Andy Lynch
First Poster
Options

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem. What is the product number for the PCB and where is it located please. You said it was a simple job to remove a back panel, but where is the back panel?

Thanks in adavance

Andy

0 Likes