Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSA1UTMG American Freezer

(Topic created on: 29-04-2022 03:00 PM)
RSA1UTMG
First Poster
Options

Hi, my American fridge water dispenser is not working as well as it used to….the water flow has reduced and the temperature of the water is not as cold as the fridge itself.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Possibly needing the filter cleaned/ replaced ?
0 Likes
RSA1UTMG
First Poster
Options

Oh? I didn’t know there was a filter!  Any chance you know where it is located? 

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Sorry no I don't - as far as I'm aware some are inside the fridge and some are external at the rear. Should be in the instructions or if you don't have them can probably Google " water filter " for that make / model ( the last fridge I had with water dispenser the filter was inside and looked like a very small gas cylinder)
0 Likes
Benedict01
First Poster
Options

Trace the water  pipe until you find it. It is most likely be on the outside of the refrigerator, under the sink, rather than inside taking room up  and making it difficult to clean the filter if the fridge is full.

If the fridge was new to you there would have been an instruction manual  and its incumbant on you to  have read  read it before turning the fridge on. It is  also a good idea to keep a ring binder with plastic sleeves  in which you can put all your instruction books for home appliances and keep it on the kitchen shelf among the recipe books, with the receipt stapled to the instruction. The make , model  and serial number should also be added to the instructions and date of purchase for warranty or spares purposes.  Not everything lends itself to being  digital.

Why not put a bottle of water in the fridge, much simpler or boiling sliced lemons and use as a concentrate to add to water, very refreshing when cold and a little sugar is added, better than any of your commercial tinned and bottled drinks that contain articial  sweeteners which are not good for you.  

Its possible that the small water pipe could have been crushed or kinked reducing flow or has scaled up. If the flow has been reduced below a certain amount perhaps the fridge stops cooling it to prevent freezing.  If the isolating valve is anything other than a 1/4 turn ball valve, open the valve fully, then turn it back a full turn. Each time you change the clocks, go round all your water valves  and close them then open them fully  then turn back one full turm. This will keep the valves free of scale.

0 Likes