Did you mean: 

RS7677FHCBC - Ice maker not working

(Topic created on: 14-05-2020 10:51 PM)
efc84
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

My ice maker has stopped working.

There are no ice cubes, there is no water filling the cube trays and when pressing the ice button the motor does not turn and i can hear a click at the top of the unit

Solutions tried

• Reset method using 'Test' button (chimed once, didnt chime after end of test cycle) or no motion
  • Turned appliance off for two minutes then turned back on, no error messages
  • Hair dryer method (no frozen ice, no melting water)
  • Water runs fine and fills a cup as normal

Has anyone got any ideas?

Is it broke and will it be covered by their 10 year warrenty?

IMG_5431.jpgIMG_5432.jpgIMG_5434.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Paulie24
Samsung Helper
Options
As I understand, home appliances are covered under a 5 year warranty. Also, when you got the appliance did you register under a Samsung Member account as I have found that really helpful in the past for information and support. As with any electrical device, always best to seek out a qualified professional.
0 Likes
efc84
Apprentice
Options

I didn't register my applicance when I bought it, I do have the receipt still. The unit was purchased in Oct 2016, does anyone know if I qualify for the 5 year warranty even though I did not register.

If I have to get this repaired for a cost has anyone had experience before of how much it will cost?

Thanks

0 Likes
DaveIOM
First Poster
Options

Just wondered if you ever fixed this as I'm having the same problem.

0 Likes
efc84
Apprentice
Options

Funny enough I recently thought about ordering a new ice maker from Amazon

I have my doubts this will fix the issue though, when I press the ice dispense paddle on the front nothing happens, I'm unsure if this indicates a bigger electrical problem?

@Members_Btey843 - does your ice dispense button still make the machine work or is it all dead?

0 Likes
DaveIOM
First Poster
Options
No mine's not producing ice. The ice maker was totally frozen and test button did nothing so I melted it with a hair dryer which resulted in water pouring into the ice tray and onto the floor. I turned off the water supply and left it for a few hours and it's totally frozen again.

I did find something on the Internet saying the water line that runs from the ice maker and along the bottom front of the fridge freezer can freeze but there's not a lot you can do about it.

Mine was working fine until I had to replace the main PCB board as it lost all power.
0 Likes
efc84
Apprentice
Options

2 questions :smiling-face:

1. While it was/is frozen does your 'Ice' button still try to produce ice?

2. Why did you have to replace main PCB board? was it expensive?

I feel like it could be a bigger problem than just replacing the ice maker unit

0 Likes
DaveIOM
First Poster
Options
1. No the ice button does nothing. I got the hairdryer to it again today and cleared all the ice and tried the test button but still nothing.
2. I replaced the PCB because there was no power to the whole fridge freezer - possibly a blown fuse on the board. It was about £60.
0 Likes