Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS21NCSV fridge freezer alarm

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 05:46 PM)
Rbt400
First Poster
Options

I have a RS21NCSV fridge freezer approximately 16 years old. The unit has an intermittent beeping noise as if the door has been left open. It can go days/weeks without this fault. Then one day it starts beeping again, usually in the evening or during the night, it’s a pain. It can last from 30 mins to over a hour before it stops. We open & shut the doors but it does not appear to do anything.

I had an engr out July 2021, yes it’s been going on for months now, he blamed it on the “hot summer weather “ and the freezer was full? I advised the engr that we have had this freezer and fridge stuffed over the years with no issues, why now? …   engr advised due to content’s in freezer air could not circulate. Engr said there was no fault codes. Anyway we still have the fault when the freezer & fridge are near empty.

I don’t think it’s the door switches … anyone out there experienced this and got it fixed. Thanks for reading.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
When a Samsung refrigerator starts making that beeping noise, normally it is an indicator of one of two issues. The first is that if the door is ajar for more than three minutes, a door ajar alarm will sound.

If the door is closed, try pushing in to see if this stops the alarm
0 Likes
Rbt400
First Poster
Options

Thanks xsteveuk for your feedback. I have tried pushing the door in but it still beeping.
l forgot to mention that the temperature display for the fridge fluctuates 1 - 7 degrees when it’s going through it’s beeping cycle. The freezer temp display stays the same -20 degrees. However today I have discovered that the power freeze is not working. Something is failing I just hope it fails sooner rather than later.

0 Likes
LexiB90
First Poster
Options

@Rbt400 wrote:

Thanks xsteveuk for your feedback. I have tried pushing the door in but it still beeping.
l forgot to mention that the temperature display for the fridge fluctuates 1 - 7 degrees when it’s going through it’s beeping cycle. The freezer temp display stays the same -20 degrees. However today I have discovered that the power freeze is not working. Something is failing I just hope it fails sooner rather than later.

Hi there,

I'm having this exact issue. Did you get it fixed? Any idea what's causing it? The beeping is maddening, isn't it?!

0 Likes
Rbt400
First Poster
Options

Hi lex ib90 

I actually video the fault the bleeping noise and flashing on the display. I showed this to an engineer and he said he had seen this before. He said the mother board was defective and I would need to renew the board and probably the display as well. … I give up and bought a LG fridge freezer.

0 Likes
LexiB90
First Poster
Options

Oh, fair enough!

I put the child lock on and now it won't come off... otherwise it's now quiet at least until we can sort a replacement 🤣

Thanks for replying!!

0 Likes