Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RL40PGIH Cycles its own power repeatedly

(Topic created on: 05-07-2021 09:18 PM)
Gizepi64
Student
Options

Hi, 

I have a fridge freezer 6 or so years in age and it has started to cycle its own power through off and back on repeatedly every five minutes or so.  The control panel is completely disabled and no controls work and removing the power at the wall even for half an hour does not cure the fault.  Can anyone help?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Gizepi64: Is the appliance plugged directly into a wall socket, or is it plugged into an extension? If it is the latter, try plugging the fridge freezer directly into a wall socket, or try a different socket to see if this helps. If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to one of our Support Centres to arrange and engineers inspection. With this in mind, please follow the link below, select 'Home Appliance > Refrigerator' and enter your post code to find details of your nearest Support location, who you can contact directly for further assistance. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

0 Likes
Gizepi64
Student
Options

Thanks AndrewL but, I tried both directly into the wall socket and into the usual extension.  There was no difference.  The problem is resolved and was resolved only by replacing the front control panel which had been turning the unit off and on randomly by itself due to a fault (or maybe not a fault) in design that resulted in it prematurely failing.   Diagnosed by removing the front panel control and monitoring the operation of the device.  It operated normally for hours without the front panel.     

0 Likes