Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFG23UERS - condensation issue

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 02:22 PM)
Sm23
First Poster
Options

Wondering if anyone else has had the same or similar problem- noticed about 6-8 weeks ago the deli drawer had a lot of condensation in it, called out a Samsung approved repair centre (don’t even get me started on that - 4 call outs, 3 engineers, arguments between them over which part it needed resulting in the first part going back and waiting for the second part to arrive and be fitted - dreadful customer service from ‘the office’ - it’s actually worse now than it was when I called them out) 

had an engineer out again this morning - ultimately it turns out that the part they fitted was not the actual issue so it can only be an insulation issue and they don’t fix that, it would therefore be a write off and they can’t do anything about it.  Slightly annoying since it is only 6 years old and cost over £2k (getting slightly annoyed at being told it’s an old model - I expected double figures out of it at least for that price?!) 

does anyone have any experience of this or any ideas what we can do to stop the condensation or fix the insulation??? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Erkan
First Poster
Options

I am sorry for the trouble you are having.

unfortunately Samsung is providing the worst after sales I have experienced.

I also have the same model, pantry door broke, I am on the phone two days dealing with some of the most unhelpful staff,

the fridge is too old "6 years" they do not do spares as they have too many products and it would be bad for environment, but they offer me discount to buy new one with discount buy £1600 fridge because they do not have the £21,00 pantry door.

0 Likes
Dumpling
First Poster
Options

Hi, I've got the same model, only had it for 6 month, my freezer drawers starts to freezing up, and it's getting worse and worse day by day, now I have problem open and shut the draw properly, and it builds up so much ice on the frame of the drawers. it's terrible. Service line isn't helpful, called engineer once, he said there is no issue with the product, and tell me to shut it properly, but how I don't shut it properly? It's useless. 

0 Likes
Members_RBMldGQ
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue and our service guy put camera through ice makink part on top of the fride to "pipe" which should deliver freezing air from bottom part of the fridge. And this was full of foam which shouldnt get in this pipe, should be just isolating it from outside. So they have to exchange the whole 160kg product. I am just saying that you should find out if you do not have the same problem. 

0 Likes
Eggtastico
First Poster
Options

I know this is an old thread, but take the cover off towards the bottom of the unit.

To the left & right of the coils you will see 2x pipes. These are drainage pipes.

Pull them out, take the tops off as they are likely blocked!
The older ones have 2x slits for water to drip through at the base, while the newer ones have extra holes on either side. So use a scissors or a hole punch to make some holes. 

Deli draw should start draining properly then :smiling-face:

0 Likes