Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF23HTEDBSR/EU FRENCH STYLE FRIDGE FREEZER LESS THAN 3 YEARS OLD AND JUST BEEN TOLD ITS A WRITE OFF DUE TO ICING UP

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 01:25 PM)
DRAWDIVAD62
Student
Options

CANNOT BELIEVE THAT A FRIDGE FREEZER COSTING £1500 LESS THAN 3 YEARS AGO IS SCRAP DUE TO ICING UP.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
APGB54
First Poster
Options

I am currently experiencing the same problem.  I bought one of these in February 2021. I got a hideous grating noise from the back panel of the fridge after about 8 months.  I phoned up and got it fixed under warranty.  The engineer who came to fix it knew exactly what the problem was and he replaced the whole back panel, which was full of ice and blocking the fans.  He said that the controlling software for the fans had been updated.  However, about 6 months later the same thing happened again, which I dealt with personally by emptying the fridge, unplugging it for a couple of days and mopping up the resulting water dripping out - only possible because I kept my old fridge freezer in the cellar and I could relocate the contents.  The same thing happened again in November 22 which resulted in another conversation with Samsung  and the same recommendation.  Would you believe I'm now experiencing the same problem all over again, literally 3 days before the extended warranty expires.  The advice yet again is to turn off the fridge freezer and let it defrost.

Frosting up is clearly a common problem with this sort of fridge. I'm thinking of contacting the Consumer  Association to see if they have any suggestions.  The only ray of hope I would hold out for you is that if the problem is the same as mine, it should be a relatively easy fix to get a replacement back panel and I would suggest you see if this is a possibility before chucking it away (although I see your post is a year old - so it's probably resolved one way or another)

0 Likes