Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement RF24HSESBSR temperature issues

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 10:21 AM)
GarethW
First Poster
Options
We bought a new Samsung RF24HSESBSR fridge/freezer a few weeks ago, but it had a coolant leak that meant the freezer couldn't work as intended.

We got a replacement a few days ago, and being extra cautious, I have been monitoring the temps.

It seems the temperatures being read by the fridge don't match what standalone thermometers are reading. This morning the fridge was saying -22ºC for the freezer and 1ºC for the fridge, but my thermometers said -19.5ºC and 6ºC.

When I turned the power off for 30 seconds to reset the fridge, suddenly the fridge readings match the thermometers.

Left it overnight on Friday, and was shocked to find the temperature swing between -20ºC and +1ºC in the freezer:

This resulted in a box of ice-creams melting and then re-freezing.

This morning I reset the fridge again at the plug, and suddenly the freezer temperature read -5ºC when it was reading -22ºC beforehand.

Has anyone experienced similar? Why would the readouts on the fridge not always match the actual internal temps?

A friend of mine has a similar model (RF23) and he tested the temperatures and the cycles were -18ºC and -21ºC, which I would expect, but mine has massive temperature variances.

I also tested a cheap £100 under-counter freezer I bought 5 years ago and it only had a variance of -20ºC to -15ºC, I don't understand how a fridge that cost 18 times as much cannot manage the same.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @GarethW 

Are you still having the same issues with the temperature of your Fridge Freezer or did you manage to get it sorted out?

0 Likes
Luke001
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue here - is there any solution?

0 Likes
gsc1ugs
First Poster
Options

Did this get fixed? my fridge is fine freezer not freezing

0 Likes
GarethW
First Poster
Options

I'm not sure why, but the machine eventually sorted itself out, I have kept a thermometer in the freezer for over a year now, and the swing is -23 to -10 which isn't the end of the world.

That said, the ice-maker constantly freezes over so I have turned that off, though I doubt that would have impacted the temp sensors in the fridge/freezer.

0 Likes
Redrubiesnmore
First Poster
Options
Hold down the top buttons at the same time. It'll start flashing but don't let go. After maybe 8 seconds, it'll come up with an error code. Google it and you should hopefully know what's wrong.
0 Likes