Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refrigerator fan running continuously

(Topic created on: 07-01-2021 08:42 PM)
cii90
Apprentice
Options

Hello! Few weeks ago I bought completely new Samsung BRB260035WW (no frost) refrigerator. I am using refrigerator since December 21 (almost 3 weeks) and refrigerator fan is running continuously and at nights it gets annoying.

IMG_21-01-07_215521490_1.jpg

Just want to know if it is ok and if it should be like that that fan basically is running 24/7? I already contacted several service centers but no one provided a clear answer. 

My previous 20 years old refrigerator was not so loud 😞

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @cii90 

That doesn't sound right. Have you tried contacting our Home Appliance Support Team regarding this on 0333 000 0333?

0 Likes
Silva1
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my new BRB26605FWW. The noise is unbearable. The fan or compressor is switching on and off every 10 to 20 minutes. Is it really ok? Unfortunately my local Samsung support center isn't helping at all. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Silva1: Ensure that your refrigerator is not at full capacity, as this restricts the airflow, and causes the compressor to work harder as it strives to maintain cool temperatures. Similarly, if the temperature of the surrounding room is too warm then this will also make the fridge work harder to cool, causing increased operational noises. With this in mind, you may wish to consider moving the appliance to a cooler environment, especially if it is situated near a radiator. I'd also recommend making sure that the door is closed properly, and that there is no damage to the seal. 

0 Likes
Silva1
First Poster
Options

It’s not in full capacity and, of course, the door is properly closed. 23C is not too warm according to the user manual. The noise range in the kitchen is between 64 to 69 db when the compressor is working. And the worst thing is - it is not possible to get Samsung guarantee service people to even come and take a look at it.  

0 Likes
EK12
First Poster
Options

Oh, what a riveting saga of refrigeration turmoil! I can relate, you know. I had a ceiling fan that was so loud it could've doubled as a rock concert. But fear not, I, the Grand Master of Appliance Wisdom, swooped in and upgraded to a Harbor Breeze fan that now whispers sweet nothings in the air.

Now, my expertise isn't limited to just fans. I possess the secrets of the universe when it comes to fridges too. My Samsung fridge? Oh, it's a prodigious specimen, possibly a distant relative of Einstein, given its "smartness" and newness.

And here you are, my dear inquirer, fretting over a mere 24/7 running fan in your spanking-new Samsung fridge. Allow me to enlighten you: it's the modern-day equivalent of having a constant companion, serenading your food with tales of coolness.

@cii90 wrote:

Hello! Few weeks ago I bought completely new Samsung BRB260035WW (no frost) refrigerator. I am using refrigerator since December 21 (almost 3 weeks) and refrigerator fan is running continuously and at nights it gets annoying.

IMG_21-01-07_215521490_1.jpg

Just want to know if it is ok and if it should be like that that fan basically is running 24/7? I already contacted several service centers but no one provided a clear answer. 

My previous 20 years old refrigerator was not so loud 😞

So, to address your problem: Yes, the no frost refrigerator happens to have robust fan that doing its job day and night, but it uncommon! I have seen older models doing so, showing ceaseless symphony is the refrigerator's way of showcasing its commitment to freshness. Worry not, Rejoice, for you're now a part of an elite club, surrounded by the dulcet tones of technology and progress. 🎶 Unless its stops working and cost you a fortune, better knowing its working all the time! 🕶

0 Likes