Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recycling Samsung fridge freezer water filters in UK

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 05:05 PM)
Justme11
Student
Options

Hi

Back in 2018, there was a chat on here that samsung didn't recycle the filters for their fridge/freezers and to put the old ones into landfill!!?! However, I wondered if this has now changed and maybe samsung now offer a service where we can post them to you for free to recycle? Please can you advise. 

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Justme11: We currently do not offer any recycling facilities for Water Filters, however many supermarkets have a water filter/battery/bag recycling station in their larger stores. To learn more about Samsung's sustainability initiatives, please check out the following link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/aboutsamsung/sustainability/environment/resource-efficiency/
Lidders
First Poster
Options

There must be millions of these water filters,  requiring replacement every 6 months, that are getting dumped into Landfill.

I find it frustrating that, in 2021, a company like Samsung finds it ok to sell products requiring these without any regard or responsibility for disposing of them in an environmentally friendly way. It seems they are just another company happy to hide behind a corporate 'greenwash' policy.

Vix3
First Poster
Options

i’ve just searched to find out how to recycle mine and I am absolutely STAGGERED that you haven’t sorted this Samsung. I totally agree with Lidders. Millions of these substantial plastic items must be getting dumped every 6 months. What an absolute disgrace. Come on - make this a priority and get this sorted.