Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recalibrate a NV70H5587CB Digital oven

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 06:13 AM)
Londoner1
First Poster
Options

Have changed the Thermistor on my oven. Want to know how to recalibrate it. First came up with fault code E27.

Had to go on YouTube to find out the fault code details. If you go on YouTube it seems to be a common problem in America and even tell you how to do it in the owner manual. But not in the UK. Have not found Samsung customer support very helpful in the past. Throw away a 3year old washing machine, because Samsung was so unhelpful. Looks like this is going the same way.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Londoner1 ,

did you get this replaced by yourself? Is the screen displaying any error code at the moment?

0 Likes
Londoner1
First Poster
Options

The oven showed  a error code E27 about  a week ago. Find the error code on Youtube that a possible was the Thermistor.

Order a Thermistor and tested the temperature of the oven using a Thermometer that uses a Thermocouple as they are more accurate.  When the oven was set at 140oc the reading was showing 130oc, when the temperature was raised to 

180oc the reading was 165oc. I used to be a electrical engineer Thermistor are old technology, i was using back in the 1980s. Thermocouple are much better, less temperature swing and much more reliable . The down side is they are more expensive. Don't understand why a company like Sansung is using out dated technology, when there is better and more reliable. This oven is less than three years old and is on its way to the ovens  grave yard. Seems that Samsung products don't like hard work and poorly designed.  Now waiting for Robert Bosch to deliver me a new oven. Just feel sad that a company like Samsung build products that are so poorly thought out , built to a price and not to high standard of engineering.

0 Likes