Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RB38A7B53S9 increasing the door openning

(Topic created on: 13-10-2022 04:10 PM)
Ivan2512
Apprentice
Options

I was wondering if it was possible to adjust how wide the the fridge door can be opened. At the moment it is quite restricting and and we're finding it difficult to remove the shelves.

#RB38A7B53S9 #Fridge

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Ivan2512: The doors on your Fridge Freezer open to an angle of around 150 degrees, as illustrated in the 'At a glance' section on page 28 of the user manual.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202210/20221013142901956/DA68-04111A-08_EN_MANUAL_USER...

Unfortunately it isn't possible to adjust this so the doors open wider, but there should still be plenty of room for you to remove any shelves from the door and main fridge compartment. Are the doors not currently opening as wide as the illustrated guide? Have you checked to see if this there is anything obstructing the door, based on the position of the appliance? 

0 Likes
Ivan2512
Apprentice
Options

I think you meant 105º, we did manage to get the shelves out but it was a bit of a challenge seeing as they have to be manoeuvred in such a specific way that it gets past the non-removable internal fixtures of the door.

The bottom drawer occasionally clips the door gasket which I fear may wear it down sooner.

Though unfortunate that I can't widen the door opening, I thank you for your time on the matter.

0 Likes