Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power button on washing machine keeps getting knocked.

(Topic created on: 12-12-2020 05:24 PM)
Steve1974
Journeyman
Options

I have just bought a ww90m7 range washing machine and already in 2 days I have accidentally knocked the power off 3 times half way through a cycle. Not only does it appear there is no way to lock the power button but it also does not remember the wash settings and for a 900 pound washing machine that should be basic functionality. Am I missing something or is there any way to either stop this or lock the power button from being pressed which is easy to do?

43 REPLIES 43
frustrated3
Explorer
Options

I have resorted to facebook on the samsung page

frustrated3_2-1607793833072.png

0 Likes
frustrated3
Explorer
Options

frustrated3_3-1607793871710.png

0 Likes
frustrated3
Explorer
Options

frustrated3_4-1607793909773.png

0 Likes
frustrated3
Explorer
Options

frustrated3_5-1607793968265.png

0 Likes
XianTy
First Poster
Options

This solved the problem for me :smiling-face:

image.jpg

Skinja
Student
Options
This is a problem in my household as well. I've ordered these round adhesive circles and plan to cut a hole in the middle and pile up a couple over the button. I'll let you know how I get on.

Screenshot_20210424-155739_Amazon Shopping.jpg

CazzaG
Student
Options
I know I'm late to the party, but did you do this in the end? Did it work? My washer is near my sink so every dam time I do the dishes or my kids make a drink... off it goes 😒
0 Likes
Skinja
Student
Options
Yeah I did in the end. Doesn't look the greatest but stops the accidental pressing of the play and off buttons. The other buttons on the RHS can be pressed but if childlock is on it doesn't matter.20210722_172227_55743.jpg
CazzaG
Student
Options
I think that's great!!!! Awesome idea 💡 thanks. I think I'll take that route.
0 Likes
SusieWoo
First Poster
Options
There does need to be some sort of perspex screen that possibly folds down so that it is protected when in use. It's annoying on so many levels when you do accidentally turn it off. How far in on the cycle.was it? Do I need to add more washing powder etc when starting again. It drives me mad. For such an expensive product it definitely needed more thought going into it
0 Likes