Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power button on washing machine keeps getting knocked.

(Topic created on: 12-12-2020 05:13 PM)
Steve1974
Journeyman
Options

I have just bought a ww90m7 range washing machine and already in 2 days I have accidentally knocked the power off 3 times half way through a cycle. Not only does it appear there is no way to lock the power button but it also does not remember the wash settings and for a 900 pound washing machine that should be basic functionality. Am I missing something or is there any way to either stop this or lock the power button from being pressed which is easy to do?

43 REPLIES 43
Steve1974
Journeyman
Options

I get that to a degree, but not having basic functionality like being able to remember the settings and not making it so easy to turn off by brushing past it is a big failure on behalf of samsung when other very much cheaper washing machines already have that. Surely samsung can fix that overnight and is the chipset not one as such that if it uses bluetooth or wifi it can be updated for current models I wonder? 

Clareykc
Student
Options
Bought my Samsung washing machine today - mid way through first wash and I brushed past it and knocked power switch off. Powered back on and turned it back to the wash I was on - it isn’t starting again at all just flashing at me - help!
My last (cheaper) machine used to start where it left off if I stopped the wash. This will drive me up the wall. Haven’t reviewed yet - Samsung anything to say before I do?
0 Likes
Cashie
Journeyman
Options

I know times are difficult but that doesn't mean that Samsung can just ignore this issue.  What is the point of posting on here if Samsung don't respond.

I have today sent a complaint via the "email the CEO" button on the Samsung Support site.  I'll post if I get any reply. 

0 Likes
Steve1974
Journeyman
Options

I agree. I have also messaged them too. See if we get a reply. Someone must be watching these otherwise what is the point of posting comments.

0 Likes
Cashie
Journeyman
Options

I've had a reply from "email the CEO"

They acknowledge the issue, won't be doing anything about it but the the research and development teams will consider it for future designs.

So, basically, tough sh*t we've got your money so what do we care.

darangog
First Poster
Options

Could somesone at samsung provide CAD models or technical drawings of the panel? I own a WD12N64FR2Xand I suffer of this exact same issue.

I can model a 3D panel cover with hinge to be 3D printed. I could post it on thingiverse so anyone could print it or order it from any 3d Printer supllier.

Can someone at samsung help? I don't have the tools and time to iterate on measuring the panel to get the fit right and aesthetical.

0 Likes
jamie_nichols
First Poster
Options

Is this a joke response? This is not 'food for thought' for the designers, it is a serious design flaw which needs fixing. This machine is unacceptable as it is.

Cashie
Journeyman
Options

IMG_1803.jpg
I know this looks gross but we've had the builders in and everything's got a bit grubby.  It's what I resorted to to stop the problem.  A 3d printed one would be great, please let me know if you ever get round to producing one.

frustrated3
Explorer
Options

I have resorted for facebook on the Samsung facebook page.  

frustrated3_0-1607793766626.png

0 Likes
frustrated3
Explorer
Options

great idea.  I have resorted to facebook

frustrated3_1-1607793801805.png