Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power button on washing machine keeps getting knocked.

(Topic created on: 16-02-2020 07:01 PM)
Steve1974
Journeyman
Options

I have just bought a ww90m7 range washing machine and already in 2 days I have accidentally knocked the power off 3 times half way through a cycle. Not only does it appear there is no way to lock the power button but it also does not remember the wash settings and for a 900 pound washing machine that should be basic functionality. Am I missing something or is there any way to either stop this or lock the power button from being pressed which is easy to do?

43 REPLIES 43
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Steve1974 

Did you manage to find a solution or workaround to this?

0 Likes
Steve1974
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Thanks for your message. Unfortunately not. I suspect there is no workaround but would be good if samsung can update it if possible as it is frustrating that it loses the settings or that little fingers who love hearing the chimes can easily turn off mid cycle:) seems to be very basic functionality to have this that most other washing machines already have. 

Cashie
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem with a Samsung Washer/Dryer.  You have to press and hold the start button but the on/off is so sensitive that just brushing past it can turn the machine off mid cycle. 
If anybody at Samsung is reading this please answer.

frustrated3
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem - ........ so I'm now the problems with this machine are running at DC error, extended wash time for no reason, stupid annoying jingle even though you have turned the noise off, and now you touch the button with your finger it won't go on, you breeze past it with your bum and da da da da daaaaa (the jingle) the machine turns off, or on, or on hold. the da da da da daaaaa for you to reset back to what it should be.  Oh I will add another one., you do a bubble wash and the machine switches off as it thinks the load is imbalanced as the load is full of water, so the machine will not work.  All reasons why it is goinginthe bin

0 Likes
Steve1974
Journeyman
Options
The extended wash time is because it weighs the washing and adds more if it thinks it needs to do extra rinse. If you switch to eco cotton this will stay the same time and the clothes I think come out the same so using less water and electric. The other bits yes agree . Stupid jingles even when you turn the sound off (which does nothing) brushing passed it still a problem, and with a kid on the way he will love pressing them. And the biggest one for me is not remembering the wash settings if it is brushed off, that is basic and should be on all machines, especially samsung expensive ones. Please fix this samsung if reading any of this. You must he able to do a software download especially on wifi enabled machines
Cashie
Journeyman
Options

This is obviously a know fault which is not being addressed so at this point there is some dispute as to whether the machine is of merchantable quality.  There are only two of us in the house and accidentally switching the machine off as you walk past is a real problem it must be a major issue with more people and children in the family.

How do we get Samsung to acknowledge the issue, surely somebody at Samsung reads these threads. 

SAMSUNG PLEASE RESPOND. 

Steve1974
Journeyman
Options

It seems like not just me then! 

I am going to see if there an address I can message. There seems to be a few it is happening too so must be worth samsung looking In it. 

CHawkins89
First Poster
Options

Hi guys,

I have came across this post from a quick google search to see if there is a solution to a problem. We are also experiencing a similar issue as explained above with simply brushing the pause/resume as we walked between our kitchen island and the washing machine or when standing by the work surface either cooking prepping foods.

It is incredibly frustrating at so many levels and on several occasions we have stopped a wash without realising it to then later come back and realise the wash was not completed.

I would be really interested to hear from Samsung on a solution for this.

Kind regards,

CH.

AntS
Options

Hi all,

Just adding some insight from one of my engineer colleagues on this one.

In order to comply with Safety regulations, the Power button has to remain completely unlocked so that the appliance can be immediately powered off in the event of an emergency.

But there's some good feedback from you guys here - and some food for thought for the designers at HQ in terms of improving future models. 👍