Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! New owner - Very concerned about the length of time for a cycle

(Topic created on: 18-12-2020 06:15 PM)
LJ5
Apprentice
Options

I have only just bought a Samsung WW80TA046AE. The first load I put in on cottons, was towels. It showed the wash time as more than 3 hours! I then pressed something, the number of rinses I think, and that changed it to 2hrs 40 mins! This seems way too long for a wash! I was expecting about an hour. I spoke to online chat -who couldn't help or advise. I am beside myself - I can't be waiting 2 hrs 40 mins for a wash! Is there anything I can do to reduce the length of time? Which cycle will be the quickest? I am already regretting buying this, and it was expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
spook246
Journeyman
Options
Every single washer cotton wash is almost 3 hours. It's meant to be a full load of washing that's why.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @LJ5 ,

I have had a look at the manual and it seems that for pieces of cotton, bed linens, table linens, underwear, towels, or shirts. The washing time and the rinse count are automatically adjusted according to the load. Find more about this on page 37 in this manual: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202010/20201013150419440/WW5000T-LED_DC68-04206A-00_EN...

0 Likes
LJ5
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. I have the user manual. My concern is I really wasn't expecting such a long wash cycle. It greatly impedes me when I am working. With my old washer I could put a load on and have it washed and hung out before I went to work. It took about an hour.  There is no way I can do this with a 3 hour cycle. The 15 mins one is only at 20 degrees so this is no good for normal soiling. Is there a shorter wash cycle for 40 degrees?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

You can try the Eco 40-60 one, @LJ5 . Kepe in mind that the wash time may increase if an unbalance is detected with the load, the machine will automatically try to balance the load. This process may extend the wash program time. Press the Start/Pause button and then check the laundry status. Spread the laundry evenly and perform the course again to check if this is the case. 

0 Likes
LJ5
Apprentice
Options

I didn't understand that cycle - what if the clothes aren't suitable for washing at 60, only 40? I tried to choose the temperature but it just kept both lights on at 40 and 60 degrees. What does this mean? Does it wash at 40 or 60? Also, what do you mean by "an unbalance"? Thank you.

0 Likes