Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent 3e error on washer WF8EF5E0W4W

(Topic created on: 02-02-2022 08:23 PM)
Members_0CXS3tE
First Poster
Options

I am having a persistent problem with my front loader ecobubble washer, where it won’t start a cycle and just hangs after 1 minute.    If I put the machine into service mode and run the “SPN” test, it will then show a 3E error code and the drum will not turn.

I have already checked all of the usual things: brushes are fine, the wiring all looks fine, there is nothing stuck in or around the drum.   I can clear the problem by pushing / jiggling the connectors on the PCB, which then allows the machine to run normally for 2-3 washes.   It never dies mid-cycle, but will eventually refuse to start a new one and show a 3E error again.

The strange thing is that the connectors do not feel loose at all, and I am certain that they are firmly seated.   It is (I think) the same connector every time, since I have tried pressing them in firmly one at a time before each retest attempt and the solution seems repeatable.

I haven’t taken the PCB out complete to look for bad solder joints yet or to check to condition of the pins on the connectors, but I could do this absent some other explanation or suggestion.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
The 3e error means that there is too much water in the drum

Check drainage

This page may be of help to you

Samsung washing machine water fill issues

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01203005/

Do you still have warranty
On the washing machine
Try contacting support
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
0 Likes
Members_0CXS3tE
First Poster
Options

I believe that is the E3 error.   My error is 3E, which is a generic “motor error”.   There is nothing obviously wrong with the motor though since the machine runs a complete cycle whenever I give the PCB connectors a jiggle to get it started.

0 Likes
Black Lothar
First Poster
Options

Did you have any luck in solving this issue? I have the same problem, it worked for me intermittently after several attempts but now it just fails spinning the drum after about 1 minute after starting the program. Diagnostic mode shows 3E.

0 Likes