Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oven Shutting off automatically

(Topic created on: 09-07-2021 01:24 PM)
Beardod1
First Poster
Options

Bought a house with a Samsung gas oven and it randomly shuts itself off.  The stove heats up fine and reaches temp.  After some time it will shutoff but the display will show the set temp.  We found out that if something is not cooking to turn the oven off then turn it back on and set the temp again.  Then the display will show the actual temp of the stove.  What could be the problem?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like a thermostat issue but unless inspected, it's just a guess. You need a professional to diagnose the issue.
Beardod1
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the response.  That is what I thought but the issue is random and in my experience once the thermostat goes it goes.  Haven't seen one work and then randomly not.  It works more than it doesn't. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, I can't disagree with your logic unless it's just starting to fall. Strange indeed.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Beardod1: Please can you confirm the model number of the oven, and I will be able to look into this further for you? 

0 Likes
Beardod1
First Poster
Options

M/C: NX58H5600SA/AA. Thanks

0 Likes
Beardod1
First Poster
Options

AndrewL.  Could you find anything. It seems to be getting worse. Could be we are baking more. It wouldn't be so bad if the oven have some  indication. Everything looks normal on the display.  But when you check to see if what's there is done it's not.  So you have to shut off the oven and reset the temp. Then the display shows the temp.  Yesterday it was at 350. At some point it shut off because 30 miutes later the poor was not done and over did not feel 350 even though display shows 350. Turned it off waited a minute and reset it to 350. Temp showed 235 and started getting back up to 350. 

0 Likes
jljw11
First Poster
Options

Did you ever find out what was wrong? I have the same range doing the same thing.

0 Likes
Beardod1
First Poster
Options

I haven't Samsung was no help and just quit responding. From what I found online it seems to be the temp sensor. The oven now take awhile to even start heading up so I think that may confirm that. The sensor is cheap and looks day enough to change so may just go that way first. The other thing I found was the control panel. Not so cheap. 

0 Likes
G888
First Poster
Options

Any luck with this my samsung is doing the same I sem to notice it's when I open the door to check something or stir it then it drop temp and inhave to restart it. But it always says it's up to temp.

0 Likes