Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oven Pre-Heat Icon and Audible Alarm

(Topic created on: 12-01-2021 03:30 PM)
DinkyDavo78
Apprentice
Options

I recently purchased a NV75K5571RS Dual Cook Electric Oven.  when I select the mode I want to cook it and the set the Temp to 180,  the oven starts to pre-heat,  the icon appears on the display, after 10 minutes the icon disappears and an audible sound is played.  but the oven temp has yet to reach 180,  the oven continues to heat up to 180.

my firm understanding is that the pre-heat icon and audible bleep is supposed to disappear and sound when the oven has reached target temperature to infom the consumer they can not put food into the oven to cook.

has anyone else seen this happen...?

13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options

@DinkyDavo78: I've had a look into this for you, and the temperature indicator should disappear with an alarm sound when the oven has reached the desired temperature. Can you confirm which mode you're using when the issue occurs? In the meantime, try pressing the Fast Preheat button (located above the timer button, to the left of the main display) to see if this helps at all. 

0 Likes
DinkyDavo78
Apprentice
Options

Andrew,

what is actually happening is I select the mode, then set the temp as example to 180.  The pre heat icon appears as per the manual. After roughy 10 minutes the bleep sounds and icon dissappears. But the oven has only reached a temperature of rougly 120 (got a digital thermometer probe in oven.  The oven continue to heat up to 180. Which takes a further 10 - 15 mins. 

the oven behaves the same in Fast Pre heat mode as well.  

Todoubled
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
Todoubled
Apprentice
Options

I am having this same issue.  Have you had any luck figuring out the problem? 

0 Likes
DinkyDavo78
Apprentice
Options

Hi,  it IT terms it is a design feature and the oven was designed to operate in this way.  Why on Earth that Samsung thought this was ok it baffles me.  All we do now is turn the oven in set Temp and wait 20/30 mins before putting food inside. 

when it comes to replacing my oven I won’t be buying Samsung again,  nor would I recommend them to anyone else.

Todoubled
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your response. Definitely a design flaw. I would expect better from Samsung and especially at the price we paid for this oven.  

DinkyDavo78
Apprentice
Options

Yes, totally agree, I even raised the issue with the CEO, sent out engineer, but nothing came of it.  

0 Likes
mavbj
First Poster
Options

I agree. The pre heat symbol and audiable beep are of no use if they don't indicate when you have reached the temperature you are looking for. Furthermore, you cannot tell at any stage what the actual temperature in the oven is. At least my old oven had a light on it to tell you this even if never actually reached the temperature you set it to. I have bought a thermometer to put in the oven so I know what the temperature actually is. I will also be writing to Which? to let them know about this design flaw. I really like the dual cook function though so it is sad to see it brought down by something so basic. What was their thought process on this?

Akd2
Student
Options

I have the same problem. The odd thing is it used to work - the display used to show the actual temperature as well as the target temp (which is what the manual shows aswell) but now it only shows target temp and the beep happens way before it reaches temperature!! It’s as if the software was updated and now it’s lost the original feature! Has anyone solved this yet?