Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Samsung washing machine isn’t fit for purpose

(Topic created on: 10-03-2023 03:27 PM)
Stan Hamil
First Poster
Options

In April 2019, we paid £1,000 for a Samsung Ecobubble washing machine. We decided to spend so much on a product from a reputable electronics firm due to the features of the washing machine plus the fact that it was made by Samsung.

In the almost-four years which we’ve owned this machine for, the softener/detergent pump and the door were replaced under warranty.  The machine had stopped drawing fabric softener and the seal around the door would regularly leak.

More recently, the softener pump has failed again so we contacted Samsung, who basically told us “tough luck” because the machine was out of its 2 year warranty.

When we bought the washing machine, we registered for the extended 5 year warranty, although apparently there’s no record of this anywhere so we were up a creek without a paddle.

Now, either the motor or the logic board are faulty as any cycle stops after only 2 minutes and then nothing happens.

I’ve checked the filter and recalibrated the washing machine, but it’s still not working.

What do I do?

Do I chuck more money at a crappy washing machine that already cost £1,000, or do I cut my losses and buy a new one from another manufacturer?

I can’t believe that this machine has been fraught with so many issues in only a relatively short period and I can’t believe that Samsung can treat customers with such contempt.

If you’re thinking of buying a Samsung washing machine, please don’t. You’re better off spending far less on a different manufacturer.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
sweeney
Journeyman
Options
I had issues with my Samsung washing machine, I ended up scraping it and buying a Candy machine, it's been great. But once it goes I'll be buying a Haier machine as I've just purchased their Heat Pump Tumble Dryer and it's the best I've ever had.

Definitely cut your losses, don't spend anymore money on it!
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Stan Hamil ,

I'm sorry that you have to go over this. When the appliance get registered an email is sent to the person that registered. have you checked if you have this on your inbox?

In regard to the present issue, is the seal presenting any visible damage? In regard to the washing machine stopping, sometimes your washing machine might stop during operation. In most cases, it is not a product malfunction. Please read the following instructions. If you are unable to start your washing machine despite following the instructions below, please contact your local Samsung Service Centre for further assistance.

Possible reasons for the machine to stop operating
For your safety, the washing machine will not tumble or spin unless the door is closed. Please read the instructions below for finding solutions.

Basic things to check

• Close the door and press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).
  • If the washing machine is not supplied with sufficient power, the washing machine will not drain or spin temporarily. (As soon as the washing machine regains power, it will operate normally.)
  • The appliance may appear temporarily stopped during a dry cycle, e.g. wool course or a soak period.
  • Check if a coin or some other foreign substance is stuck in the debris filter (Front loader only).

Other possible reasons

• Check if the information code appears on the control panel display.
  • Make sure that the debris filter is not clogged. (Font loader only)
  • Make sure that the drain hose is straightened all the way to the drain system.
  • Make sure that the drain hose is straightened all the way to the drain system as well as not clogged or frozen.
0 Likes