Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orders cancelled for no reason, Samsung not responding even though they have our money!

(Topic created on: 03-01-2022 08:22 PM)
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options

We ordered a tumble dryer on the 31st December, order acknowledged and then cancelled.  Called cust service, they said there was a discrepancy between order name and billing name.

Fine, reordered in wife name and same address.  Order acknowledge then again immediately cancelled.  No answer from Cust Ser, so spent an hour in we chat on the 31st Dec, he was going to raise the issue and get back in 2-3 days.  3 days later, no response.

Called CS again, spoke to someone, put on hold, then put back in the queue again.  Terrible line and strong accent, so hard to discuss.  They have £620 of our money.  No word of a refund, she said 3-5 days which is disgusting.  And no reason for cancellation.  Told me I had to email seuk.casemgt@samsung.com which we have done.

Desperate for a TD, I ordered again in my details, different card.  Order acknowledged, money taken.  Then cancelled again with NO EXPLANATION.

So, Samsung have £1340 of OUR MONEY.

WTF is going on?

32 REPLIES 32
INTRASERVER
Pathfinder
Options
I can suggest you to speak with bank and let them know, whats going on. For later appeal if for some reason money isn't refunded. But you can always visit in the store to speak about your order.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
0 Likes
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options
Thank you.... I will contact bank accordingly, but calling the shop has been useless, a waste of time as they tell me I have to email Samsung requesting a reason... Web chats also waste of time.
0 Likes
INTRASERVER
Pathfinder
Options
What is closest Samsung store where you can visit? If is chance to get in touch face to face in the store then I go for it. I know how phone calls and chat are useless.
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options

In my experience, stores are completely separate to online stores and have no additional info.  Also, having to isolate right now 😞 

0 Likes
INTRASERVER
Pathfinder
Options
Only some reasons I see why they canceled. (I'm not pointing this to you.) Maybe appliance is out of stock. In very reare situation overtaken suspicious activities from your area, like not delivered, claimed as dissapiered for new replacement. Maybe huge fraud acctivities.
0 Likes
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options

Apparently I am on their BLACKLIST for some reason.  Yet, they continue to accept my orders and take my money, not returning it.  WTF!

It ma be something to do with the area (but we are in a remote part of the uk with a very low crime rate) or possibly we ordered a Galaxy watch 18 months ago, the box had been opened and resealed when it was received and told the driver.  Box was empty, driver saw.  Told JL and took around 2 weeks for a replacement.

But come on... this is a blooming TUMBLE DRYER!

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Given the time of year, 3 to 5 days to refund is far from unreasonable.

31st Dec, banks closed at 12.30.
1st Jan Saturday, banks closed
2nd Jan as above
3rd Jan is a bank holiday

When a refund is processed against a card, it can take the banks 3 to 5 days to process it

Not suggesting the Cust Ser is anything other than awful and they are far from helpful in understanding their own processes.
0 Likes
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options

Under the normal course of events you may well be correct.

A) They took my money and they cancelled the order.  Payment shouldn't have been taken in the first place.

B) It should actually be a refund, as the merchant gets authorisation from the card company then processes it.  (I am a merchant myself).  What they should do is CANCEL the transaction, you have a generous period of time to do that.  They would also save money on charges if a transaction is cancelled.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I don't disagree but this is Samsung and asking them to do anything quickly would be a freaking miracle.

I share your pain, I sincerely do. I've been in dispute with them for 8 months and counting......
0 Likes