Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only had washer for 3 years...

(Topic created on: 22-08-2019 11:54 AM)
Ehnoex
First Poster
Options

Only had this Samsung top loading washer for 3 years.  I seen numerous posts about the metal being used under the agitator that is a breeding ground for this brown gunk and mold.  Samsung, if you know this is an issue why don’t you fix it.  That is neglect.  I have a 20 month old son and one due any moment and are trying to wash all his clothes and blankets and bedding and this is what I have to deal with.  Brown gunk after a washBrown gunk after a wash

Same... pathetic.Same... pathetic.

This is not cool...

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear, @Ehnoex. Could we take the full model code of your washer please? You should be able to find this on the label somewhere near the top of the Washing Machine.

0 Likes
Helms2021
First Poster
Options

69CF55F2-76E7-44C9-B780-CE1A863BDAD9.jpeg

We too have this problem after only owning for 2 years. Absolutely disgusting.

5280B9EE-E109-4759-885F-03A622E41F8B.jpeg

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Can you please both @Ehnoex and @Helms2021 provide us here with your model? Do you run cleaning cycles with lemon, vinegar, or any other product periodically on the machine? 

0 Likes
Helms2021
First Poster
Options

My model number is WA50M7450AW/A4

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

When moisture or other residues (such as leftover detergent or other additives) is trapped in a dark place, it may promote the growth of mold and mildew and may cause unpleasant odors. So I have found this guide that will show you how to take care of it.

0 Likes
Helms2021
First Poster
Options

Thank you but I have done this many times and also have always followed the user manual. It is no coincidence that many users of this model are suffering from the same issue but Samsung’s only response is “try vinegar” or “try bleach”. None of these get into the deeper packed crevices where there is inches and inches of black mold packed in. Lord only knows what’s behind the parts I can’t get to. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

In this case, the next step would be arranging an engineer inspection. To do this please do reach Support. Find all their available contact details here. 

0 Likes