Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NV75R7676 Steam Clean Function

(Topic created on: 15-12-2020 08:39 PM)
Firgrove
First Poster
Options

I am trying to use the Steam Clean function on my oven but it barely gets hot.

The program starts and runs for 26 minutes, as expected, but the oven temperature only gets to about 32°C.  Not surprising this doesn't generate any steam, just creates some condensation.   The manual has a warning that "The water inside the oven is very hot, and it can cause a burn" but in reality it is merely tepid.

I have been told that the temperature I see is expected and that the manual is just being cautious, but I struggle to believe that.  Is this correct?

Many Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Gweneth
First Poster
Options

Hello

I'm having the same problem.  I've found that the steam clean programme hasn't done anything so I'm using the single oven, setting the temperature to 120 for 20 minutes.  The steam clean option seems to be a waste of time.  

0 Likes
Firgrove
First Poster
Options

Sadly we never got to a satisfactory solution for the Steam Clean function.  From the service engineer all we had was a silly comment that perception of heat varied from one person to another.

We love other features of this oven but we just don't waste our time with this useless function anymore.

0 Likes
Gweneth
First Poster
Options

Thanks Firgrove.  Yes, we've given up on steam cleaning too.  Even heating the oven with the water collected on the base made no difference.  It's back to manual cleaning and a promise to myself not to leave it so long in future!  Otherwise, we are really pleased with our oven  - NV75N5671RS - the split door on the front works really well.

0 Likes