Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NV73J9770RS Oven thermostat unreliable.

(Topic created on: 14-02-2018 11:39 AM)
Geoff1947
Journeyman
Options

Have noticed recently that food often seems undercooked, so I bought an oven thermometer which is supposed to be accurate to 1 degree. Initial testing seems to indicate that when the  oven beeps to indicate preset temperature has been reached, the thermostat indicates that the real temperature is still around 12 degrees below what it should be. 

I can can hear the oven thermostat clicking off and on, and it seems to take several cycles before the oven actually reaches the preset temperature. This suggests that food which requires a short cooking time e.g less than 20 minutes is going to be undercooked. However food which takes much longer such as a roast joint will be ok.

if I leave the oven to warm up for about 15 minutes, then put the food in, it cooks ok. 

Im wondering if the internal thermostat is faulty?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
DougieY
First Poster
Options

Sorry, I can't  help you but I have  a similar problem with my NV75J3140RS, did you rectify the fault?

0 Likes
Geoff1947
Journeyman
Options

I had an engineer out. I think he replaced the thermostat, but I still find the temperature irregular. I bought two oven thermostats a digital one and an analogue one and they always seem to display a lower temperature than the oven display. I guess I have just learned to adjust temperature an cooking time to ensure food is cooked.

I also had another problem when cooking something over a long period, like a roast joint, the oven would suddenly say that the meat probe is inserted, which it isn't! This would then display a temperature of 55.c It only happens occasionally but it's a nuisance!

0 Likes