Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Noisy Spin Cycle on WW90TA046AE/EU

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 12:59 PM)
DuncBrown
Apprentice
Options
Home Appliances

We just replaced out old Samsung Eco Bubble machine from 2012 with the latest equivalent. The old one had a broken spider I think and so was really noisy during the 1400 spin. I was really disappointed with the noise of the new machine in spin and am wondering if it is OK. I measured it during spin at over 72 decibels and when spinning some jeans that were slightly uneven it went to around 78. It sounds like there is some sort if knocking when it has washing in. Spins fine when empty. Feet are stable and machine is calibrated. The tank itself doesn't seem to move much, just the drum inside seems to wobble a bit when making the noise.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DuncBrown
Apprentice
Options
Home Appliances

For anyone reading this and sharing a similar problem, my machine was diagnosed as faulty by a Samsung engineer on Thursday 10th Feb. So surprisingly for me this machine had a drum problem from manufacture and was delivered in a faulty state. I am not sure how often this happens but a very simple way to diagnose it for me would have been for Samsung to have asked me to measure the spin cycle noise. I downloaded an app to do this and it measured up to 78 decibels on a 1400 spin which is way over the spec for the machine given at 72 (and those 6 decibels are a lot, trust me).
So my advice would be to anyone who is concerned about the noise of their machine:

1. Check all the installation instructions about machine being level etc.
  2. Make sure your waste pipe actually goes up to somewhere near the top of the machine before going down to the drain connection as I was told failing to do this can lead to too much water in the drum on spin.
  3. Download a sound measurement app for your phone and measure the noise on spin. If it gets to 72 decibels then it is noisy, if it goes above it then I suspect you have a fault. 

For reference we had our new machine today (same make and model) and it rarely goes above 65 decibels but with some towels at a 1400 spin it went up to 70/71 decibels but I never saw it hit 72 and certainly nowhere near 78.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Maestro
Options
Home Appliances
Hi,
Check the washing machine is level

This page maybe helpful

What to do if your washing machine is noisy or vibrating

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/home-appliances/my-washing-machine-is-noisy-vibrating-how-can-i-m...

When spinning in the washing machine, it makes hitting sounds. What is the cause of this?

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/home-appliances/when-spinning-in-the-washing-machine-it-makes...
0 Likes
DuncBrown
Apprentice
Options
Home Appliances

Thanks for this but I have followed all that already, it is not the washer that is making the noise, there is no machine movement or vibration. This all comes from the drum and the tank.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Maestro
Options
Home Appliances
Hi,
If new washing machine
And done all recommended fixes
And still an issue
You could try contacting support
Explaining the issue
They may help

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
0 Likes
Solution
DuncBrown
Apprentice
Options
Home Appliances

For anyone reading this and sharing a similar problem, my machine was diagnosed as faulty by a Samsung engineer on Thursday 10th Feb. So surprisingly for me this machine had a drum problem from manufacture and was delivered in a faulty state. I am not sure how often this happens but a very simple way to diagnose it for me would have been for Samsung to have asked me to measure the spin cycle noise. I downloaded an app to do this and it measured up to 78 decibels on a 1400 spin which is way over the spec for the machine given at 72 (and those 6 decibels are a lot, trust me).
So my advice would be to anyone who is concerned about the noise of their machine:

1. Check all the installation instructions about machine being level etc.
  2. Make sure your waste pipe actually goes up to somewhere near the top of the machine before going down to the drain connection as I was told failing to do this can lead to too much water in the drum on spin.
  3. Download a sound measurement app for your phone and measure the noise on spin. If it gets to 72 decibels then it is noisy, if it goes above it then I suspect you have a fault. 

For reference we had our new machine today (same make and model) and it rarely goes above 65 decibels but with some towels at a 1400 spin it went up to 70/71 decibels but I never saw it hit 72 and certainly nowhere near 78.

0 Likes