Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NoFrost fridgefreezer still making noise

(Topic created on: 23-08-2021 11:00 PM)
JoakimR
First Poster
Options

They say that it’ll take a couple of weeks for the fridge to acclimate to my apartment and quiet down.
I’ve waited almost a week now.
Is the attached noise really the noise they think I should have to listen to for two weeks? Or is that a quieter one, and the noise in the video should have gone away already?

https://youtu.be/1IOPq1plt-M

It’s an  #RB28HSR2DWW

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Options
Oh my gosh, 2 WEEKS!! I would have had it returned once the noise had started... Have you tried moving it slightly to see if the noise stops? (It should stop immediately as it sounds like it's against something) Failing that, go to the supplier with 3 young children aged between 5 and 8 years old and demand it be replaced/repaired immediately. (3 children will cause chaos in any store while the 1 parent/carer is trying to sort out an issue meaning quick service...)
0 Likes
JoakimR
First Poster
Options

The loud humming seems to have gone away, but now it's constantly giving off that "subtle" high-pitched whirring that is so common with fridges. But the fridge is supposed to be only 37 decibel, so... I suppose this is 37 decibel.

0 Likes
Options
Ok, so you could cushion the feet for further noise reduction. Remember, the hum will only happen while the fridge is getting to temperature... then it will be silent. If, you live in a greenhouse, it will hum continuously fighting the external temperature....
0 Likes