Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New style door handles RS67N8210S9 can’t be removed

(Topic created on: 07-01-2020 11:35 PM)
Exact
First Poster
Options

F40DE4B8-E6A8-4D0F-B82D-68B36C76DAF9.jpegThe door handles didn’t fit onto the screws straight out of the box and now I can’t remove them.   Any advise on how to remove and refit? 

F40DE4B8-E6A8-4D0F-B82D-68B36C76DAF9.jpeg

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
DannyT
Options
Hey @Exact.

Did you follow the steps in the manual? You can check this on page 41: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201807/20180712151742226/DA68-03725A-06_SEUK.pdf.

This is generally something we'd need out engineers to look at for you.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Blablablabla
Student
Options

I have exactly the same issue... Is there no way to take the handle off without calling an engineer? Seems a pretty big flaw as the instructions are not very clear on how tight they need to be when you only get one go at it...

Spotmatic
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever solve this problem? Is there a special trick to remove the handles?

0 Likes
Blablablabla
Student
Options

I managed to get it of with a small screwdriver. On the underside there is a hole that you can place it in and twist. It took about 100 attempts but worked in the end. Badly designed handle but the rest of it has been great to be fair. 

Spotmatic
Apprentice
Options

Actually I already have tried that, but based on your reply I should try harder. Thanks for getting back to me on this subject! Will try again this evening and post my findings. 🙂 

0 Likes
ukcaryn
First Poster
Options

I've just had a go with this and can't see how to unscrew the handle -- I've gotten the little covers off on the top and bottom of the handle, but it looks like the posts that hold the handle a few centimeters away from the door are screwed into the handle from the inside of the door?

from bottom of handlefrom bottom of handle

Anish1
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same dilemma as above. Looks like you've got to take the door apart to remove the handle annoyingly...

Any ideas anyone ? 

4Rs
Apprentice
Options

I have this problem too - like the photo in the top post, only worse, and the handle is getting more wobbly by the day. I see no one has responded - did you ever find a solution?  

0 Likes
Spotmatic
Apprentice
Options
I had to do the procedure for the 2nd time in 6 months, but for me it worked with a small flat screwdriver in the hole. It may take 100 tries (it took me 5 minutes today to get it off) but it will get off eventually. Just make sure you pull the handle slightly when you are poking around/turning the screwdriver around. The handle will come loose with a pop. You'll then see how the part which stays in the fridge is mounted, you should just screw it back in, and when you're ready you can then push the handle back in its original position.