Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New Fridge Freezer - door drops / rises on opening due to gap in hinge - is this correct?

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 07:11 AM)
Richard_English
Student
Options

Our Samsung RB34T632ESA fridge freezer was delivered today. We are currently waiting for it to settle before turning on.

We have noticed that the door drops slightly when being opened past about 80 degrees, rising again later in the arc. This appears to be due to the plastic hinge having a gap. I've attached a picture of the corresponding hinge from the opposite side to illustrate. 

I've added a video of the door opening. You can hear the sound as the door drops and then opens again. 

This doesn't feel correct. I'm wondering if there is a piece missing from the hinge which would fill the gap and prevent the drop. I've checked the instructions though and contacted Samsung support and not found any mention of this. 

Can anyone confirm? As it stands the door motion is such that it's not a feature we'd want to put up with. Samsung hinge.png

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
were the doors removed to get it into position in your kitchen?,,if so it could be the bottom hinge not refitted correctly,
Richard_English
Student
Options

Yes that was it - in fact both the top and bottom hinges were missing the grommets. The original installation team had performed the door reversal in the van and obviously you can't visit the stores right now so we never saw it working on the right hand side but it was clearly wrong. We pointed it out at the time just to be told "it's meant to do that". They weren't in a mood to discuss it 😕 Not great service. 

Fortunately they had left the grommets in the left hand side of the door so the second team were able to fix it. Works properly now. Thanks for the feedback.

PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
used to fit yankee fridges, when you took the doors off to get them into position,they used to twist,so when u put doors back one would sit half an inch lower,so used to put a plastic spacer over the bottom hinge,to raise it back up