Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New eco bubble washing machine squeeling.

(Topic created on: 05-04-2022 05:39 PM)
Fenixriot
Journeyman
Options

We have only had our washing machine for 2 months and all has been great, however as of yesterday I have noticed it makes a squeeling noise when the drum is spinning, almost like rubber on glass. We tend to use the cotton wash most and so can’t say if it happens on other settings. Any help would be appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19
AndrewL
Options

@Fenixriot: Please can you confirm the model number of the washing machine, located on the sticker on the inside of the door or drum? In the meantime, with the machine powered off, please try rotating the drum by hand to see if you hear the noise. While you're doing this, check the drum and seal for any foreign objects. I also recommend running a drum calibration cycle, or a cycle without a load, just in case an item of clothing is responsible for the noise. 

0 Likes
Fenixriot
Journeyman
Options

The model no. is WW90T554DAN/S1.

I have turned the drum by hand and it was fine, however after running the load calibration it now squeaks when I turn the drum.

Fenixriot
Journeyman
Options

Hopefully the sound comes across.

0 Likes
Fenixriot
Journeyman
Options

This is the sound during the calibration 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Fenixriot: I see what you mean. Based on the nature of the issue I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below, where an advisor will be able to assist you further, and arrange for the appliance to be inspected. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Fenixriot
Journeyman
Options

Got the washing machine repaired, new drum and back end. However now when the machine is on a spin it is very noisy and the drum seems so unstable.

STGR69
First Poster
Options

We've had our Samsung WW90T606CLH for one month and it is doing the same 😞

An annoying rubber squeaking noise while spinning at lower speeds. 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

I found a cause on ours (bad design in my opinion) where in manufacture the shoddily put a bit of dark grey foam insulation around the drain hose in the machine then (like a) cable tie and it was resting on the shock absorber

andy_in_ireland_0-1681733940932.png

- so when the shock absorber was moving there was this 'squeak' / rubbing noise  where the foam was rubbing against the shock absorber, it was well annoying! 
I could have, I suppose, sprayed some silicone lubricant onto the foam to try and stop the noise , but I just released it totally away from the shock absorber. I didnt like the idea in the long run of the friction/vibration of the shock absorber wearing through the insulation and then eventually the drain pump hose - so yeah now it right away from shock absorber now.

If its not this making a noise on your washing machine , next I would inspect the grey door gasket seal. Is that on all correctly? - the inner metal drum is not rubbing on the door gasket is it?

Next i would check the drive belt on the pulley at the back of the machine to see if that is rubbing/squeaking on something or needs replacing?

0 Likes
SimonIG10
Journeyman
Options

We have had our new washing machine lass than 24 hrs and it makes this squeaking as per the video at low speeds. It does sound like it could be the foam rubbing on the shock absorber. Thoughts?

0 Likes