Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung Washing Machine keeps pausing itself

(Topic created on: 08-05-2022 08:54 PM)
JackieD
First Poster
Options

My Samsung front loader washing machine eco bubble 9.0kg has just started pausing itself partway through the cycle - no rhyme or reason and why and sometimes several times per cycle.   Nothing has changed/it hasnt been moved.  The only way of restarting is just to press the pause again.    Is someone able to give me some advice/guidance.  

24 REPLIES 24
NiciC
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem.  Only 2.5 years old and was offered a 25% discount, not a good sign.  A Samsung technician can only see my in 2 weeks and I have had to pay 60.00 upfront.  When he arrive he most probably won't have the parts?

0 Likes
Caryn11
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem and it was a very simple fix. I had my washer plugged into a gfi outlet. Once I changed it to a regular outlet it never paused again. 

0 Likes
stanjs
First Poster
Options

20220905_175117.jpg20220905_175053.jpg

Same problem, pause during the time when the machine was suppose to drain the water. Service technician came: 

1. Water drainage pump had a bent propeller shaft, possibly due to dislocation by debris. Excess friction with the housing may have occured. 

2. Power supply board to the pump overheated with blackened components. Possibly due to the pump overcurrent causing the components (power IC, resistors, capacitors) in the blackened area to fail over time. 

Both the drainage pump and the power supply board for the pump had to be changed. After that, everything worked fine.

I also had clean away the hardened detergent around the pump O-ring mating with the housing, and in the drum. It looks like I was using detergent excessively, and over time, leftover had hardened and occasionally dropped off as hardened debris that can damage the pump. 

Lesson: It is important to limit the amount of detergent, regularly run the drum cleaning program, and clear the pump filter of debris. The frequency is probably once a month or 2 months.  While checking the filter and the pump propellers, be careful not to poke the propellers too hard, because you may dislocate the propeller  shaft permanently, thereby also causing excess propeller friction too. Overheating of the pump power supply PCB will occur.

The first earliest symptom of this drainage pump obstruction + power supply failure is: a loud clanking sound 20 mins after the start of the Daily Wash cycle.  If you hear this everytime, this means your pump is about to fail. The machine should always run quietly.

0 Likes
stanjs
First Poster
Options

Correction: loud clanking sound is actually the buzzing noise reported by many ppl coming from the bubble pump responsible for the eco-bubble function. This only happens during a clothes loaded wash cycle with detergent. The buzzing noise is absent when there is no detergent and no clothes loaded (wash cycle just with water). After the new drain pump + board was installed, this buzzing noise still exists, I traced the source (through the vibrations) to be close to the front of the drain filter cover, thus it is not coming from the drain pump, but the bubble pump. This bubble pump is located next to the drain filter cover.

0 Likes
stanjs
First Poster
Options

Correction: the power supply board for the pump is actually called the MAIN PCB. The second PCB which is attached to the front display is called the sub PCB. 

0 Likes
MarniMoo
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris, My Samsung front loader 11kg Bubble Wash machine keeps coming up with the DC Error - Door Open Check, however we can't open the door or the smaller door and it keeps pausing.

0 Likes
Ayode Ayodeji
First Poster
Options

Please any update if your own is now working perfectly 

0 Likes
Ayode Ayodeji
First Poster
Options

Where can I find the PCB 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Ayode Ayodeji wrote:

Where can I find the PCB 

main pcb is either left or right hand side at the bottom of the machine at the rear

0 Likes