Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rusted and broken new AI Washer!

(Topic created on: 19-04-2024 05:03 PM)
CaitH
Journeyman
Options
I'm now 2 weeks into a 3 week wait for my gorgeous and fabulous AI 11kg ecobubble washer. Just 4 months old when we noticed a strange noise. It sounded like the bearings but in what world do the bearings go on an £600 Samsung washer? This one apparently. 
Rather than rush in to fix such a crazy and unexpected issue it's taking weeks to get all the parts that need replacing because not only is the bearings gone but the entire inside is rusted. It at last explained why my favourite new white jumper came out of an all white wash pink! I'm gobsmacked that they aren't moving heaven and earth to fix this ASAP but no. The 6 of us, including 3 disabled adults, will just have to plod along with no washing. Looks like I'm buying pants and towels then.
13 REPLIES 13
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
I've noticed a squeak on my machine since August 2023. Model number WW11BB944DGHS1 and serial number 07J05ESTA00092A. Built in October 2022 according to an online appliance age checker. The noise only tends to appear when my machine runs for longer than 3 hours a day and then goes away after a 30 minute rest. I fear that Samsung is using the same bearing seals for 11kg machines and 9kg machines. With a heavy load, it's likely the case that too much stress is applied on the seal. Considering an 11kg drum (71.5l) is likely heavier than a 9kg drum (63-65l), that doesn't help either.
CaitH
Journeyman
Options
Yes, it's surprising for the price range but it doesn't seem to be a unique situation. I'm hoping they're taking note and repairing the issue so that other people don't have to go through what we did. Luckily, after quite a long wait, my machine is fixed but I'm now paying very close attention to any little noises so I can be sure it's fixed within the warrantee period if anything else happens
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Rear of my machine. No corrosion in mine thankfully.

It looks like I was wrong, by the way. 9kg and 11kg machines have different bearing seals. Thank goodness for that!

Samsung appliance repairs are usually done by third parties. Where I'm based, Martin Dawes carries out repairs and inspections on behalf of Samsung. Miele and Whirlpool owned brands are the only manufacturers that hire and deploy their own engineers, which basically means lower waiting times. Annoyingly, Miele is experiencing financial difficulties and will shut down its German manufacturing plant and move to Poland (like Samsung) in 2027 anyway. In today's world, you can only pick a machine and hope for the best, sadly. Definitely keep an eye out every now and then for any squeaks. 1715034642335.jpg1715034693051.jpg1715034693075.jpg
0 Likes
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
You could get insurance from Domestic and General, but you end up paying £7-8 (approx) every month. You may as well save that money and buy another washing machine if the Samsung breaks down again. It's up to you, of course. Apart from the odd squeak on my model and a few software bugs, it seems pretty well built. Security updates for the 2022 11kg models are guaranteed until at least 2027 so it sounds as if they've been built to last for a good few years.