Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with the fuse on the WF70F5E2W4X/EU

(Topic created on: 19-05-2022 04:05 PM)
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Hello,
I've seen a few reports of people having issues with Eco bubble washing machines cutting out or not powering on.
Ours failed during a cycle and then the next day no power. Whilst waiting for the repair engineer over a few days our electric tripped. Thought nothing of it until removing the washing machine ready for the repair.

The plug smelt funny and on closer inspection the fuse had melted and scorched the socket.

This machine is just under 5 years old. I find it strange that some of the questions on the phone during the technical quiz of the problem related to scorch marks around the plug socket. The engineer arrived and replaced the electric cable and also blown controller board..... handy having the spares already on the van.

Have Samsung a problem with boards and electrics in these machines???? Will we see a pattern in the next few years and see a denial of issues like the Hotpoint fires??

washer plug.jpeg

152 REPLIES 152
AsadM
Options

Hi @johnhoneyman, to look into this with you, can you please send a private message Sam_UK, as per the above?

As soon as we receive this, we'll go through this with you. 

0 Likes
junster83
Journeyman
Options

This is most certainly a product issue. It’s too coincidental that’s happening to so many people. Contact the moderator @Sam_UK and they’ll organise for a free repair. Cheers

0 Likes
johnhoneyman
First Poster
Options

yeah no response in 24hrs.. 
Might need to track down the customer services Tel number.

0 Likes
johnhoneyman
First Poster
Options

Have sent a mail yesterday, still awaiting a response.

0 Likes
NickPosh
Apprentice
Options

Hi

We have just had the same issue.  The machine wouldn't power on, I checked the plug and the fuse has pretty much burnt out, leaving a scorch on the socket, which will need replacing.
If this is a common and known issue then Samsung really need to get on this.
Please can one of the mods confirm what details I need to send in to get someone to look at this urgently?
I had to go through the telephone support line for the PCB issue previously, please tell me I don't have to do that again, life is too short!!

Thanks

0 Likes
Perry7
Apprentice
Options
Unfortunately you will need to go through the same process again. I ended up replacing my 5 year old machine with another make as after waiting overc2 weeks on a repair it wasn't long before another issue appeared and I had enough. I cut my loses and got a more reliable machine. Very disappointed as I had held Samsung in high regard but not anymore.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

@NickPosh I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. If you are based in the UK or Ireland, then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the others mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

NickPosh
Apprentice
Options

Thank you PaulM1, I have sent a message and look forward to hearing from you.

Rhodrigo27
First Poster
Options

Sometimes the internet keeps on giving and I thought I’d better keep this thread moving along with another exactly the same issue.  I guess I will DM sam_uk. Too. 

0 Likes
NickPosh
Apprentice
Options

I have to give credit to Samsung, they got an Engineer out within a few days and he replaced the power lead.  Tried to tell me he hadn't seen many, then said he had seen quite a few!

Samsung advised me to get my socket replaced so I got a sparky round and sent in a copy of his invoice, again fair play they paid me within a few days.

A bit inconvenient, and when it involves scorch damage, a little bit worrying, but all sorted with a minimum of fuss.  Much easier than my previous issue on the machine trying to get a pcb replaced.

Whether they need to be doing a recall on these is up for debate I guess, but my own issue was handled to my satisfaction.

0 Likes