Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with the fuse on the WF70F5E2W4X/EU

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 11:58 AM)
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Hello,
I've seen a few reports of people having issues with Eco bubble washing machines cutting out or not powering on.
Ours failed during a cycle and then the next day no power. Whilst waiting for the repair engineer over a few days our electric tripped. Thought nothing of it until removing the washing machine ready for the repair.

The plug smelt funny and on closer inspection the fuse had melted and scorched the socket.

This machine is just under 5 years old. I find it strange that some of the questions on the phone during the technical quiz of the problem related to scorch marks around the plug socket. The engineer arrived and replaced the electric cable and also blown controller board..... handy having the spares already on the van.

Have Samsung a problem with boards and electrics in these machines???? Will we see a pattern in the next few years and see a denial of issues like the Hotpoint fires??

washer plug.jpeg

152 REPLIES 152
Anuragsin
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your help I have called samsung and logged in my issue.

0 Likes
IPT
First Poster
Options

Hi - exactly the same problem here with the WF805FE. The machine is just over 7 years old. The problems started when the machine would stop after a few minutes into any of the washing cycles. We managed to find settings that would enable us to get some washing done and it seemed to be ok. When we tried it a couple of days ago we couldn't get it to turn on. I've now had a chance to investigate further at the weekend and the fuse has blown and taken out the extension cable (the power leads on these machines are too short). The fact we can't get it to start with a new fuse presumably means the fuse board has blown. I could post a photo of the burnt out fuse and plug, but it looks just like all the others on the site.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @IPT, I've sent you a PM with some info, please reply to me when possible. Cheers!

0 Likes
Karen Robinson
Apprentice
Options

same issue here today with my eco bubble machine

My eco bubble machine didn’t switch on  today and checking the plug, machine has blown fuse.

we replaced fuse but it made crackling noises as plug damaged.

Worried now the machine is not safe( we have put on a new plug). and should I now buy a new machine . Found these posts  after googling issue it appears  Samsung to be a common problem ?????

Karen Robinson
Apprentice
Options

I have just had the same thing happen to me today....

My eco bubble machine didn’t switch on  today and checking the plug, machine has blown fuse.

Worried now the machine is not safe( we have put on a new plug). and should I now buy a new machine . Found these posts  after googling issue it appears  Samsung to be a common problem ?????

0 Likes
Karen Robinson
Apprentice
Options

same thing had happened to me today...

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Karen Robinson, I've sent you a PM requesting some more info, please reply to it when possible.  

0 Likes
Members_2Z0mv2j
First Poster
Options

Our machine 

WW80J5555FW/EU

is only 2 years 8 months old. We only had the motor replaced 6-7 weeks ago after that failed and now this has happened. Is it a coincidence?

20210304_200155.jpg

20210304_200209.jpg

20210304_200212.jpg

20210304_200238.jpg

Samsung sent an engineer (took 5 days), then they took 2 days to get the report back to Samsung.  Now the are saying that my 5 year warranty isn't on their system!  I'm certain I would have registered this at the time but unfortunately I don't have proof - I'm hoping that Samsung will do the right thing and repair it FOC, or re-instate the warranty I thought I had.

Fusefires
First Poster
Options

5AC8348B-1BC7-4950-8B45-4787170091C4.jpeg

my eco bubble has done the same thing today 6 years old and it had burn the plug and socket.

I don’t trust it to get repaired and not be a fire issue so I have purchased a new machine. ( not a Samsung) these machines clearly  have a serious fire risk and should be recalled.

you would think a company like Samsung would be safe and reliable the amount they charge for there machines. 

SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Fusefires, I've sent you a PM requesting some more info, please reply to it when possible.  

Thanks for raising this issue @Members_2Z0mv2j, I can see that our team are already in touch with you.