Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with the fuse on the WF70F5E2W4X/EU

(Topic created on: 03-12-2020 10:55 AM)
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Hello,
I've seen a few reports of people having issues with Eco bubble washing machines cutting out or not powering on.
Ours failed during a cycle and then the next day no power. Whilst waiting for the repair engineer over a few days our electric tripped. Thought nothing of it until removing the washing machine ready for the repair.

The plug smelt funny and on closer inspection the fuse had melted and scorched the socket.

This machine is just under 5 years old. I find it strange that some of the questions on the phone during the technical quiz of the problem related to scorch marks around the plug socket. The engineer arrived and replaced the electric cable and also blown controller board..... handy having the spares already on the van.

Have Samsung a problem with boards and electrics in these machines???? Will we see a pattern in the next few years and see a denial of issues like the Hotpoint fires??

washer plug.jpeg

152 REPLIES 152
maccmum4
Apprentice
Options
I was asked about any damages to sockets too. They sent an engineer round and he changed the whole wire going into the machine not just the plug. when asked what the problem was he said it was the housing unit that holds the fuse. That it may of been slightly loose and that with it not having the correct contact with the wires inside the plug that it caused this problem. Not entirely sure of this explanation but I am not an electrician so 🤷🏽‍♀️

This problem definitely needs investigating further
0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

It seems they use the same script.....and know of the problem.   We had the cable and plug replaced, still machine wouldn't turn on so main board replaced (just so happens part on van). Then we were told the drum bearings had failed, drum replaced a week later but door damaged in process. Wrong replacement colour door fitted in June and have been told on many occasions they will replace with correct colour door.... December tomorrow, perhaps Santa will drop it off.. or a new machine 😉  

0 Likes
maccmum4
Apprentice
Options
It really is absolutely shocking the way you have been treated! I definitely would of expected the correct colour door as the bare minimum.
0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Who has changed my post title from fire to fuse?

firestarter_0-1606992994736.png

0 Likes
Hoylee81
Student
Options

I ve just had the exact same fault lucky enough I unplugged it as nothing tripped electrical fault . Who can I complain to or send the pictures too I’ve booked a repair man as it’s 5 year old machine . 

Shameer1
First Poster
Options

hi Hoylee

Please call samsung directly to let them know of what happened.

0 Likes
Anuragsin
First Poster
Options

Hello, our Eco bubble did exactly the same thing. Please could you let me know what is the procedure to get it resolved.

IMG-20210124-WA0016.jpeg

20210125_090906.jpg

0 Likes
maccmum4
Apprentice
Options
I would ring Samsung customer services. That's how I got mine fixed.
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Anuragsin, sorry to hear about this. I've sent you a PM requesting some information, can you please have a look and reply when possible? Please check your inbox by clicking on your profile picture in the top right > Messages, so I can get this escalated to the right team.

0 Likes
Hoylee81
Student
Options

I rang Samsung and they sent an engineer out and fixed with whole new hard wire into the machine . I wasn’t charged for this or the parts machine was out of 5 year warranty too 

0 Likes