Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with the fuse on the WF70F5E2W4X/EU

(Topic created on: 23-11-2020 02:11 PM)
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Hello,
I've seen a few reports of people having issues with Eco bubble washing machines cutting out or not powering on.
Ours failed during a cycle and then the next day no power. Whilst waiting for the repair engineer over a few days our electric tripped. Thought nothing of it until removing the washing machine ready for the repair.

The plug smelt funny and on closer inspection the fuse had melted and scorched the socket.

This machine is just under 5 years old. I find it strange that some of the questions on the phone during the technical quiz of the problem related to scorch marks around the plug socket. The engineer arrived and replaced the electric cable and also blown controller board..... handy having the spares already on the van.

Have Samsung a problem with boards and electrics in these machines???? Will we see a pattern in the next few years and see a denial of issues like the Hotpoint fires??

washer plug.jpeg

152 REPLIES 152
firestarter
Explorer
Options
might be of some use if Samsung do not take action soon.....

Electrical Safety First,    @ElecSafetyFirst
"This week is Electrical Fire Safety Week. Get involved by joining this free webinar which offers an expert panel who will share their advice on electrical safety issues, including the new legislation requiring five yearly electrical checks in privately rented homes #EFSW
0 Likes
Mum4
Student
Options

Hi,

Our eco bubble machine is just shy of 3yrs old. I phoned up samsung and they have arranged for an engineer to come out on Friday although the 2yr warranty had expired. I did actually register for the extended warranty but they don't seem to have those details down for some strange reason!

With 4 kids and this pandemic I am just grateful to be getting it repaired hopefully but after looking at this whole thread my confidence has also gone with this machine. 

I just can't believe that issue has not been made public and products not recalled or made safe but as it always seems, it  unfortunately takes an horrific tragedy to put things in the spot light.

I certainly won't ever leave the house while the machine is on ever again!

I hope you get your issues resolved.

0 Likes
Shameer1
First Poster
Options

i have had the same problem today with my samsung ecobubble 9kg; purchased in 2015. ?has there been any updates on this problem?

wall socketwall socketplugplug

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Shameer1 

We've sent you a private message regarding this. Please go to your profile icon in the top right hand corner and select Messages > Inbox.

0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Samsung seem to be denying an issue with these machines. I assume your warranty has expired?

still waiting for my £60 socket refund but they want me to a document to keep quiet about all of this.

contacting Samsung via Twitter is of no help, 6 days and counting and no contact even though they said would via DM.

send this to watchdog, someone needs to deal with this before there is a serious house fire and death.

0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Quick enough to reply to another person but why are you ignoring me? Still awaiting socket refund and replacement correct colour door fitted in June.

customer service from a global company is shocking.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @firestarter 

We've sent you a private message regarding this. Please go to your profile icon in the top right hand corner and select Messages > Inbox.

0 Likes
BigGinger61
First Poster
Options

I have had the same issue, I purchased my EcoBubble in Dec 2017, It has just started cutting out mid cycle. I went to remove the plug prior to cleaning the filter and felt it was hot. I was horrified to find the socket is scorched and a burning smell was coming from the plug.

IMG_0553.jpegIMG_0554.jpegIMG_0555.jpegIMG_0556.jpeg

This is obviously a common problem. I am sure BBC Watchdog would enjoy hauling Samsung over the coals for this one. 

So not only is the machine faulty but is buggers up one of my wall sockets as well!!

I think I have a Curry's Care package, it's time to see if they care. 

0 Likes
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Samsung appear not to be interested, but when reporting I was asked if the socket had scorch marks...and all the parts were on the van on day of repair.... apart from something to cut the plug off so used one of our kitchen knifes. They know but won't admit, a bit like Hotpoint. 

The more people who contact watchdog the better to prevent fire or death.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

@BigGinger61 .

I've sent you a private message regarding this. Please go to your profile icon in the top right hand corner and select Messages > Inbox.

0 Likes